Friday by Rebecca Black was the most watched video on YouTube in 2011. (PHOTO: Screen Capture / YouTube / RB Records)
Rebecca Black is the 2011 queen of YouTube, according to the video sharing Web site's annual most-watched list.
YouTube's 10 most watched videos of 2011 included baby twins talking to each other in their diaper best, the Volkswagen Darth Vader commercial from Super Bowl XLV and two productions from Lonely Island (the Andy Samberg comedy/music troupe).
In March, Black, 14, became an instant YouTube star when her Friday music video collected more than 167 million views. The video was removed from YouTube three months later, for several reasons, including Black's personal safety (the teen received death threats from some viewers and was a victim of bullying at school).
Friday has since been re-posted under Black's own YouTube channel, and has since gained more than 12 million views.
While fellow teen star Justin Bieber topped YouTube's most watched list of 2010 (thanks to more than 400 million views for Baby), the 17-year-old Canadian singer didn't even crack the top 10 in 2011.
Bieber, however, did give plenty of reasons for his fans to search for his name, according to Google's Zeitgeist report. In fact, Bieber was the most popular person on Google in 2011, while Black was the fastest rising search of the year, beating Google Plus, Adele and Steve Jobs.
But back to the YouTube.
The annual report, titled YouTube Rewind 2011: The Year in Review also broke videos down by two other categories: music videos and search terms.
Jennifer Lopez's On the Floor music video, which raked in more than 453 million views was the most watched music video of the year, beating out LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem (325 million views) and Bruno Mars The Lazy Song (249 million views), which came in second and third, respectively.
Andy Samberg's comedy/music troupe, Lonely Island made the YouTube most-watched list twice, thanks to their Michael Bolton Pirates of the Caribbean digital short and The Creep video, co-starring Nicki Minaj. The two videos have been viewed by more than 100 million people on YouTube, combined.
Also making the YouTube list: babies and animals (including an animated one for the latter).
Here are YouTube's most watched videos of 2011, in order of total views:
1) Rebecca Black - Friday (179 million views -- 167 million from March video; 12 million from September re-posting)
2) Ultimate Dog Tease (74 million views)
3) The Lonely Island feat. Michael Bolton - Jack Sparrow (60 million views)
4) Talking Twin Babies (56 million views)
5) Nyan Cat (53 million views)
6) Karmin - Look At Me Now cover (49 million views)
7) The Lonely Island feat. Nicki Minaj and John Waters - The Creep (48 million views) *embedding disabled by user for this video*
8) Maria Aragon - Born This Way cover (45 million views)
9) Volkswagen - The Force commercial (45 million views)
10) Cat mom hugs baby kitten (37 million views)