The rupee was higher in early morning trades on Tuesday, its fourth session of gain, buoyed by positive local shares and the euro's gains against the dollar.
* At 9:17 a.m., the partially convertible rupee was at 48.8700/8850 per dollar, stronger than Monday's close of 48.975/985.
* Traders expect the rupee to move in a 48.70 to 49 range.
* India's main stock index opened up 0.7 percent.
* The euro held huge gains in Asia on Tuesday after hopes for a new EU debt plan sparked a correction in a deeply bearish market, though sentiment remains fragile as European leaders have disappointed many times before.
* The euro was trading at $1.3628, compared with $1.3592 when the rupee closed on Monday. The index of the dollar against six major currencies was at 77.653 points versus 77.808 points on Monday.