Although Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update is still under the testing phase at this moment and is expected to be released for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in December or January, a pre-release version of the firmware has been leaked online.
Sam Mobile reported that the leaked Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware, N7100XXDLJ2, for the Galaxy Note 2 was made public online by a forum member of a Vietnamese website Tinh Te. The website reports that Samsung has added a lot of new features in its Android 4.1.2 update.
Here are some of the N7100XXDLJ2 new features, as mentioned by Sam Mobile:
· Android 4.1.2 – JZO54K
· New Additions in Notification Toggles
· Notification Panel can now be customized
· Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
· Multi-View Can now be disabled
· Browser Is Smoother Then Before
· Status Bar has been changed from Grey to Black
· Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
· New Ink Effect On Lock screen
· New Group Cast Application
Here are some more details:
· PDA: N710XXDLJ2
· Modem: N7100XXDLJ2
· CSC: N7100OXADLJ2
As the screenshots taken from the pre-release test ROM for the Galaxy Note 2 show, the firmware brings the Ink Effect lock screen feature to the device (pink, orange, green and blue) whenever the S Pen touches the lock screen, except when live wallpapers is in use. In addition, there is also a multi-window toggle on the notification panel among other new features.
[Image credit: Tinh Te via Sam Mobile]
The leaked Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 can be downloaded here. If you want to try it, refer to the steps given below. But make sure that all your important files and data are backed up.
Moreover, take note that this is a pre-release version and not official from KIES. Therefore, expect some minor bugs on road.
Once again, proceed at your own risk. IBTimes will not be held responsible if anything goes wrong during the process of flashing the firmware.
· Unzip the file
· Open Odin 3.04 (Download link)
· Restart phone in download mode (Home+power+vol down)
· Connect phone and wait until you get a yellow sign in Odin
· Add N7100XXDLJ2.tar.md5 to PDA
· Make sure re-partition NOT ticked
· Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
Check out the video below:
A diehard lover of photography, Kukil Bora started his career as a Web journalist with a Bangalore-based media firm called “SiliconIndia” in 2010. After working there for a...