Samsung's Galaxy Note 2 is scheduled for an October release date and is said to be unveiled this Wednesday, as multiple reports have cited. The unconventionally-designed smartphone, which combines the elements of a cellphone and a tablet into one device, comes only a few months after the original Galaxy Note was announced in February.
However, just before this announcement, it seems that the full list of features and specs have leaked online, according to various sources such as Android Community and Slash Gear. The allegedly leaked information was initially published by a Korean newspaper claiming to have insider information. With the official reveal potentially only a day away, here's a list of what Samsung fans can expect.
1. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The tip reveals that Samsung's Galaxy Note 2 will ship with the newest Google-powered operating system, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. This is contrary to previous reports that said the stylus-equipped handset would ship with Ice Cream Sandwich.
2. Two different color choices. The upcoming "phablet" device is also said to be released in at least two different color variations, as Sam Mobile reports. The website has received a screenshot of what is said to be information from a mobile retailer that reveals information about the Galaxy Note 2. One of these colors will be Ceramic White, while the other is still listed as TBA. The model number is also present in the screenshot, which can be viewed over at Sam Mobile. On Tuesday Samsung also announced that its flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S3, will get some new color variants as well.
3. Specs to expect. According to the Korean newspaper, the Galaxy Note 2 will ship with a 5.5-inch 1280x720 display, although this is not fresh news to anyone who has been following the Galaxy Note successor. It will also come with 3G and 4G connectivity and will be powered by a 1.4GHz quadcore Exynos 4412 processor. The display will use a Super AMOLED panel, as the allegedly leaked spec sheet indicates, and will also come with 16 or 32GB of internal storage. Just like its predecessor, the Galaxy Note 2 will come with an 8-megapixel camera.
Continue Reading Below
4. Improved battery. The battery is also said to be improved without compromising the thickness of the device, as Android Community acknowledges.
5. Similarities with the Galaxy S3. Based on the reportedly leaked specs and previously rumored features, it seems as if Samsung is blending its Galaxy Note with the Galaxy S3. The blunter edges of the body will also be rounded out, similar to the curved design of the Galaxy S3. Earlier in August, it was reported that the Galaxy Note 2 would release in two different versions, just as the iPhone competitor did. This includes a domestic version and an international version.
With less than a day until Samsung is expected to unveil its Galaxy Note 2, it is possible that these alleged specs reached the Internet early. However, fans will have to wait until the device is officially revealed to see if these are true for certain. Check out the teaser trailer below that was released about a week ago that showcases the artsy feel and slim design of the Galaxy Note 2.