It's Samsung Galaxy S3 rumor time again! Every alternate day of the week, tech pages of various websites are covering all the possible aspects of the most awaited smartphone of the year, the iPhone hitter Samsung Galaxy S3.
The latest rumor to emerge was that the future Samsung Android flagship smartphone will feature a physical 'Home' button. Also, new reports have mentioned that the device will now go with a 5-column Note-like UI layout, compared to the other 4-column on Galaxy Nexus and other Android flagships.
According to the latest reports by UnderwiredView, which cites an article by the Korean Digital Daily, Samsung has made last minute changes for the upcoming Samsung Galxy S3, which would contribute to the modification of physical appearance with an addition of a Home Button.
The report says the Home button issue was hotly discussed within Samsung. Some wanted to go with a completely button-less Galaxy Nexus-like design, others fought for a single big 'Home' button like on Galaxy Note. It was almost a draw but, at the very last moment before the phone went into production, the Home button camp prevailed.
Beyond that, one more exciting change is expected in the S3 which can add up to its fan list. However, it is still doubtful whether this decision by Samsung was taken earlier. Many reports have noted that unlike other Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich smartphones that feature a 4-colum user interface, the Galaxy S3 will run a 5-column UI, similar to that of the Galaxy Note.
The smartphone world is eagerly waitingfor Galaxy S3, and according to rumors, it is clear that hardly a couple of months are left for Samsung to unveil its next competitor for the Apple super phones. At the same time, despite all speculation, the tech world has got no glimpse and is still not sure about the physical look and form factor of the next Galaxy S3 as Samsung has smartly hidden secrets their next flagship smartphone exterior or design at every stage possible.
ET News reported, citing anonymous sources in the industry: ... mobile manufacturers usually provide mobile phones for network interworking tests two months before launching them. But we predict that we will be able to run the test for Galaxy S3 right before the release. We are preparing to perform the test as fast as possible because the time is short.
It is to be believed that Samsung supplied each carrier with a single rectangular box, with all the S3 software and electronics inside, and accessible for testing. But the carriers had no way to see the exterior design.
While staying tightlipped about other anticipated features of the S3, Samsung confirmed recently, according to Engadget, that the upcoming phone will not feature any 3D technology. And in a recent interview with CNET, Simon Stanford, VP of Telecommunications and Networks for Samsung UK and Ireland, informed that Galaxy Note is the sequel of Samsung Galaxy S2.
People don't have to have a tablet and smart phone -- it can be done all in one device -- which is exactly what people are using it for, Stanford added in the report.
Further, he noted that that the Galaxy Note is an all-in-one device, which he now uses instead of his Galaxy S2 and his tablet.
However, tech maniacs are finding it difficult to absorb the reports and have not considered Galaxy Note as the S2's sequel. Around the world, Galaxy fans are still hoping for an S3 to be released anytime between now and the summer. No official date of release has been confirmed by Samsung yet.
Roundup Of The Latest Rumored Features
- S3 is expected to be powered by Samsung's 1.5 GHz Exynos quad-core chip accompanied by 2GB RAM.
- A 4.6-inch Super AMOLED Plus HD screen, with 1280 x 760 pixels of resolutions with a pixel density of 313 PPI is rumored. Further, the smartphone has been confirmed not to feature any 3D technology, however, rumor has it that the S3 would sport a strong Gorilla Glass feature.
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update with Samsung's latest version of TouchWiz software atop the user interface.
- The camera upgrade is expected to be a big one with 12-megapixels with a 1080p video at 60 frames per second and video chatting with a front-facing 2 megapixel camera.
- It would also come backed with 4G LTE connectivity and the latest, Near Field Communication (NFC) feature.
- It would feature a 16 GB of internal memory and with an expandable memory option up to 32 GB.
- It would measure 131 x 64 x 8 mm and weigh around 125grams.
What do you think about Samsung Galaxy S3 'Home' Button plan? Is this one of the features you really wanted? Do share your opinion.