Sandra Bullock has been dubbed by People magazine as the World’s Most Beautiful Woman for 2015. And we have to admit, we’re not entirely surprised! In addition to the “Gravity” actress being easy on the eyes, the Oscar winner is also extremely talented, smart and humble.
“Real beauty is quiet. Especially in this town, it's just so hard not to say, 'Oh, I need to look like that,’” the Texas resident told People magazine. "No, be a good person, be a good mom, do a good job with the lunch, let someone cut in front of you who looks like they're in a bigger hurry. The people I find most beautiful are the ones who aren't trying."
The mother of little Louie, who she adopted in April 2010, added that when she heard the news of becoming the World’s Most Beautiful Woman she couldn’t help but laugh. “No, really. I just said, ‘That’s ridiculous,’” she admitted to the publication of her initial reaction to the honor.
What’s not ridiculous is just how interesting People magazine’s 2015 Most Beautiful Woman is. Check out nine fascinating facts about “The Heat” star:
1. According to Extra TV, World’s Most Beautiful Woman isn't the first title Bullock has ever won! The brunette beauty was voted most likely to brighten up your day by her high school class. Bullock graduated from Washington-Lee High School in Arlington, Virginia in 1982.
2. Bullock’s mother, Helga Mathilde Meyer, was a German opera singer. Perhaps that’s why that actress can speak the European language fluently!
3. Bullock told the Associated Press in 1994 the advice her mother once shared with her about marriage. “Make your own ways because what if you're married to someone, and all of a sudden he dies? Or he leaves you? You don't need a man to get you where you want to go," she recited her mom's wise words. Bullock divorced from her husband Jesse G. James in 2010 after a cheating scandal.
4. In Bullock’s long, successful career, she’s only directed one movie: a 1998 short film called “Making Sandwiches.”
5. Bullock revealed that the scar above her left eye is from an accident she had as a child. During an appearance on “Kelly & Michael” in 2013, she explained that she fell into a creek as a kid.
6. Bullock’s sister Gesine Bullock-Prado has a pretty impressive resume, as well! Sandra’s sibling is a pastry chef, author, attorney and former film executive. According to Variety, Gesine helped develop the 1998 film “Practical Magic,” which Sandra starred in alongside Nicole Kidman.
7. Bullock is no stranger to lending a helping hand. According to reports, Bullock is a supporter of the American Red Cross. She donated $1 million to the organization at least four times. She was also voted as Favorite Humanitarian during the 2013 Peoples Choice Awards for her contributions to New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina.
8. Bullock might have won an Oscar for her portrayal in "The Blind Side" but she was also awarded with the title of worst actress for her role in the 2009 movie "All About Steve" -- and she accepted the bittersweet honor ever so gracefully:
9. The Los Angeles Times revealed in 1999 that Bullock was once a contender to star in the film “The Runaway Bride.” The role was eventually given to Julia Roberts.
What do you think about Sandra Bullock being dubbed world's most beautiful woman by People magazine?