Sony is rumored to be working on several variants of the Xperia Z6 flagship, and speculations are rife that the Japanese tech giant will release as many as five variants of the Xperia Z6.
According to Tech Grapple, the Sony Xperia Z6 series will include five smartphones of varied sizes and specifications. Here is a low down on the different variants:
- Sony Xperia Z6 will be a successor of the Xperia Z5 featuring a 5.2-inch Quad HD display and the latest Snapdragon 820 chipset.
- Sony Xperia Z6 Mini will be featuring a small screen of 4-inch along with Snapdragon 620 chipset.
- Sony Xperia Z6 Compact will be coming with a 4.6-inch display with support for full HD resolution. It will be powered Snapdragon 820 chipset.
- Sony Xperia Z6 Plus with 5.8-inch Quad HD screen will be launched instead of launching Z6 Premium. The Snapdragon 820 will also power this device.
- Sony Xperia Z6 Ultra will feature a 6.4-inch Quad HD display that will also support 4K resolution. It is also going to be powered by Snapdragon 820 chipset.
Speculations also indicate that all the aforementioned variants will be featuring pressure sensitive display like iPhone 6S. Sony will be organizing a press meeting on Jan. 5 during the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2016. The event will take place at 5 PM at Las Vegas, Nevada. The Japanese firm has already hinted that it will be launching a smartphone at the CES 2016.
The announcement of Sony Xperia Z6 and its variants seem unlikely as it had announced the new Xperia Z5 series in September this year. Launching of new Xperia flagship will only result in the killing the sales of Xperia Z5 smartphones. Rumors are also indicating that Sony may announce another variant of Z5 called Xperia Z5 Ultra.
The Xperia Z5 Ultra is expected to arrive with 6.4-inch 4K resolution supporting display. The details on the processor of the device are not available yet. Like the Z5 Premium, it is expected to feature 4 GB of RAM, 23-megapixel camera and a large-sized battery.