- Bruins Enter NHL Playoffs As Favorites
April 14 2014 2:47 PM
The Boston Bruins and St. Louis Blues are among the favorites to win the 2014 Stanley Cup.
- Predators Fire Longtime Head Coach Trotz
April 14 2014 2:40 PM
Barry Trotz was let go after Nashville missed the playoffs for the second year in a row.
- Maple Leafs Name Shanahan As Team President
April 11 2014 12:58 PM
The organization is looking to turn around their fortunes after 37 years without a Stanley Cup.
- Greatest NHL Goalies Of All-Time
March 14 2014 2:33 PM
A look back at the best netminders in NHL history.
- Crosby Leads List of Top NHL Players
March 07 2014 10:31 PM
Sidney Crosby and Johnathan Toews top the list of the best NHL players.
- Callahan, Miller Lead NHL's Upcoming Free Agent List
March 07 2014 7:33 PM
Some of the NHL's best players will be free agents in the 2014 offseason.
- St. Louis Trade Ups Rangers Hopes
March 07 2014 4:45 PM
The Rangers haven’t won the Stanley Cup since the 1993-94 season, but made a bold trade on Wednesday’s deadline day that a franchise typically makes when it feels its just one piece short of winning the Stanley Cup.
- Blues New Favorites To Hoist Cup
March 07 2014 3:39 PM
At the start of the season Chicago was heavily favored to win it all again, but the acquisition of Ryan Miller has helped catapult the St. Louis Blues to the top.
- Callahan Swapped For St. Louis
March 05 2014 12:40 PM
Ryan Callahan, Martin St. Louis and Martin Brodeur have been involved in rumors ahead of the 2014 NHL trade deadline.
- Jagr Becomes Seventh Player To Score 700 League Goals
March 02 2014 12:15 PM
The 42-year-old scored his 19th goal of the season for the New Jersey Devils.
- St. Louis Replaces Injured Stamkos For Canada
February 06 2014 5:13 PM
Hockey Canada said in a statement that Steve Stamkos, twice winner of the Rocket Richard trophy as the NHL's goal-scoring champion, had not been cleared to take part in the Olympic tournament that starts on February 12 after a scan revealed his fractured right tibia had not healed sufficiently.
- 'Sid The Kid' Ready To Be The Man In Sochi
January 20 2014 5:46 PM
Hockey superstar Sidney Crosby will be the center of attention for Team Canada at the 2014 Winter Olympics.
- American Langenbrunner Retires After 16 Seasons
January 15 2014 3:18 PM
Langenbrunner won two Stanley Cups and served as captain of the silver-medal U.S. Olympic team at the 2010 Vancouver Games.
- Canada's Options In Net For Sochi
January 10 2014 10:42 AM
Canada is sending arguably its best team ever assembled to Sochi, but questions abound as who will perform in net.
- Strong Goalie Choices For Team USA
January 08 2014 11:46 AM
USA Hockey announced the three goaltenders for the Sochi 2014 Olympics on New Year’s Day to little surprise. Ryan Miller is back and is joined again by Jonathan Quick, with Jimmy Howard also included on the roster. Miller and Quick are expected to battle for the starting spot, as both are regarded as among the best goalies in the world.
- U.S. Hoping Experience Can Lift Them To Sochi Gold
January 01 2014 8:21 PM
Ryan Miller, the most valuable player at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Games, and Stanley Cup MVP Patrick Kane will head to Sochi looking for gold after being named to the U.S. Olympic men's ice hockey team.
- Maple Leafs Sign Captain Phaneuf To Seven-Year Contract
December 31 2013 2:49 PM
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed by the team, but local reports said the contract is worth $49 million.
- Thornton's 15-Game Ban Upheld By League On Appeal
December 24 2013 5:40 PM
The league office said the ban had been "supported by clear and convincing evidence and is therefore affirmed."
- Sharks' Hertl To Have Surgery, Will Miss At Least A Month
December 23 2013 10:31 PM
The 20-year-old Hertl, who has scored 25 points in 35 games for the Sharks this season with 15 goals and 10 assists, suffered the injury in a knee-on-knee collision with Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown last week.
- Red Wings And Maple Leafs Bring Dormant Rivalry Back To Life
December 22 2013 4:28 AM
Two of the NHL's 'Original Six' franchises, the Maple Leafs and Red Wings clashed for the 645th time on Saturday with Detroit skating away with a 5-4 shootout win to level the all-time record for the series at 276-276-93.