The Sydney teenage girl named Madeleine Pulver has been reported to be safe and freed from the bomb device attached to her for 10 hours.  A bomb collar device was attached onto her by an unidentified man who broke into her family's mansion.  He forcibly locked the collar around her neck then fled the scene, allow the teenager to call police.

Over the next 10 hours, police, bomb squads, and the British military evacuated the neighborhood in preparation to diffuse the device.   Bomb experts labeled the device as very elaborate and sophisticated as it was being X-rayed before diffusing work began.  Similar bombs were seen in attempted bank robberies in the U.S., but Australia has never experienced this type of bomb extortion.

Authorities continue to comb through the wealthy neighborhood searching for clues and interviewing witnesses.  According to Mark Murdoch, New South Wales assistant police commissioner, it is too early to conclude that the device was a plan to extort money from the Pulvers, one of the richest families in Sydney.  It was reported that a note was left behind, but no confirmation if it was a ransom letter.

No motive has yet been identified though much energy and planning was put into the bomb scare scheme.  According to Madeleine Pulver's  report, a man wearing a mask intruded the residence and locked the collar to her neck warning her that it can be detonated by remote control.  The bomber then directed her not to reveal details about him but gave her permission to contact authorities.  

"The family are at a loss to explain this. You would hardly think that someone would go to this much trouble if there wasn't a motive behind it...We want to get our hands on who's done this," Murdoch said.

Madeleine is daughter to William Pulver, a chief executive business man at Appen.  The local neighborhood called Mosman include Australia's wealthiest residents, celebrities, and sport stars.  If the bomber did want to extort money, the Sydney town may have been a prime target.