- Smartphone Users Spend Way More Time In Apps Than The Mobile Web
August 27 2014 12:00 PM
Mobile ad server Medialets releases data from 300 million mobile ad impressions.
- HP Recalls Over 6M Laptop Power Cords
August 27 2014 10:40 AM
Hewlett-Packard Co. recalled more than 6 million laptop AC power cords following reports of burns and fire hazards.
- Future Apple iPhones Could Have Buttons Embedded Underneath Display
August 26 2014 11:34 AM
How Apple could make a larger screen while not making the phone physically larger.
- Chinese OS Will Further Limit Western Influence
August 25 2014 4:55 PM
A national Chinese operating system, known as COS, is expected to be unveiled in October.
- Google Makes Chromebook Enterprise Push With Citrix Support
August 22 2014 10:16 AM
Google is reaching into Microsoft territory after having success in schools with its Chrome OS.
- Sophisticated Hackers To Spawn Information Security Boom: Report
August 22 2014 5:23 AM
The easy availability of malicious software, which led to highly targeted attacks in 2013, will transform the information security industry.
- Windows 9 Previews Are Coming In September
August 21 2014 5:31 PM
Microsoft is set to unveil its latest operating system in the fall.
- Infineon Bets Big On Chips With $3B Acquisition
August 21 2014 3:15 AM
The transaction, which is said to be the biggest in Infineon’s history, is expected to close later this year or in early 2015.
- Apple's New iPhone Will Outsell Barbies, Cars And 'Thriller'
August 20 2014 4:44 PM
Apple's rumored iPhone 6 is expected to be the largest smartphone launch for the company, dwarfing sales of a number of different products.
- Chinese Hackers Used Heartbleed On Community Health: Report
August 20 2014 7:04 AM
The hackers used the Heartbleed bug to collect user credentials and log in through a virtual private network.
- German Software Giant SAP To Invest $500M In Africa
August 20 2014 4:12 AM
The business software giant, in a bit to tap into Africa's demographic dividend, will train 10,000 IT consultants.
- China Making Big Semiconductor Design Push: Report
August 18 2014 3:58 AM
The Chinese government plans to invest as much as $170 billion over the next five to 10 years in the industry, according to a McKinsey report.
- Intel, Michael J. Fox Foundation To Battle Parkinson's With Wearables
August 14 2014 10:51 AM
Wearables could transform data collection methods scientists use to try to treat Parkinson's.
- Open-Source Tool Allows Apple Users To 'Un-Trust' Computers
August 12 2014 5:52 AM
The new open-source tool is expected to help Apple iOS users change the "trusted" status of computers hooked to their mobile devices.
- Chromebooks Gaining Ground, Fueled By Education Sector
August 12 2014 1:49 AM
Of all the Chromebooks sold in 2013, 82 percent were bought in North America and the region is expected to drive future demand.
- New Surface Pro 3 Ads Show Why Microsoft Still Doesn't Get Marketing
August 11 2014 5:30 PM
Is Redmond wise for trying to compare the Surface to the Macbook instead of the iPad?
- Is This The Future Of Computing? IBM's New 'Brain-Like' Processor
August 08 2014 7:38 AM
TrueNorth integrates 5.4 billion transistors, which is the most IBM has ever put in a chip, and consumes just 70 milliwatts of power.
- Hello, Siri, Meet Mac
August 07 2014 1:36 PM
Apple's Siri digital assistant may come to the OS X desktop, according to a new patent application.
- Gmail Just Made It A Lot Easier To Unsubscribe From Unwanted Emails
August 07 2014 10:43 AM
Google has announced a small, but potentially helpful new Gmail feature.
- China Bans Apple Products From Government Agencies
August 06 2014 11:25 AM
Apple products have been excluded from Chinese government procurement lists amid growing security concerns.