“Teen Wolf” likes to go big when they’re promoting a new season. Instead of releasing tiny clips from the Season 5 premiere, MTV released the first six minutes of the first episode. The scary clip definitely shows us things have changed since last year and hints at what’s to come on the drama. In case you were just too excited about the new footage to notice the changes, we made a list for you.
1. Eichen House – It looks like we’ll be seeing plenty of the mental institution this season, especially since Lydia (Holland Roden) is there. She appears to have had a break down. She’s catatonic and won’t even respond to a nurse stabbing her with a needle. They haven’t said what caused her to be in this state, but with Lydia’s life, we can’t really blame her for finally breaking down.
2. The Future – No, you didn’t forget that time Lydia went into a catatonic state. This is obviously not where we left Lydia at the end of Season 4. According to TV Line, it’s a few months into the future. So if you feel like you missed something, just know that all the other fans feel the same.
3. Lydia’s Powers – Remember when Lydia was just staring at a record player for hours to try to use her powers? It seems she’s advanced quite a bit since then. Not only can she sense death, she can also throw the guards back with a lot of force and a little puff of smoke comes out of her hands.
4. Martial Arts – Maybe Beacon Hills High decided that kids should know self-defense since their students have such a high mortality rate. Or maybe Lydia just got tired of being the only one without fighting skills. Either way, the banshee learned some serious martial arts moves. She takes out men who are way larger than her in the video below.
5. Death – In an unsurprising turn of events, there will be death on “Teen Wolf” Season 5. However, it isn’t just one person in danger. Lydia predicts that all of Scott’s (Tyler Posey) pack will meet the grim reaper. “They’re all going to die,” she says. “My friends, they're all going to die.”
6. Aiden Returns – No, that’s not the alive-and-well Ethan (Charlie Carver), that’s his dead twin Aiden (Max Carver). Lydia isn’t just sensing oncoming death anymore, she is apparently seeing dead people. “Sorry Lydia, but your treatment’s not done,” he says.
Watch the first six minutes of the “Teen Wolf” Season 5 premiere in the sneak-peek video below:
“Teen Wolf” Season 5 returns to MTV with a two-part premiere on Monday, June 29, at 10 p.m. EDT and Tuesday, June 30, at 9 p.m. EDT.