“Teen Wolf” finally returns to MTV Tuesday, but the pack is in more trouble than ever. After splitting up at the end of Season 5A, they’ll have to find a way to come back together to defeat new villains. Scott (Tyler Posey) will try to bring his friends back together, but the drama in Season 5B might distract them from working on rebuilding their trust. Check out what’s planned for the new season:
1. The Beast of Gévaudan – The Beast is this year’s villain, and he has quite a mythology behind him. Showrunner Jeff Davis revealed that the painting that was shown in the Dread Doctors’ lab at the end of Season 5A depicted the Beast and a hellhound, which viewers now know Parrish (Ryan Kelley) is. “Essentially, the whole season is about Scott and his pack and Theo [Cody Christian] and his pack getting caught between that and seeing if the city or town of Beacon Hills will survive it,” Davis told International Business Times.
2. Malia’s Revenge – Malia (Shelley Hennig) will still want to kill her mother, the Desert Wolf (Marisol Nichols), but Scott might have a major problem with that.
3. Kira Comes Home – Kira (Arden Cho) will return to Beacon Hills, and she’ll have grown quite a bit. A trip to the desert in New Mexico will help her deal with her strong powers and her relationship with her mom (Tamlyn Tomita).
4. Lydia’s Powers – Though she is stuck in a mental hospital, Lydia (Holland Roden) isn’t down for the count. She’ll be learning how to use her banshee powers while she is locked up. “Amplified [powers] in Lydia's case means she has to go through a lot of pain. She doesn't get to have fun with her powers,” Roden told TV Guide. “The more she gets grounded the more they have to contain her in some small, cold, often not very clean room. She's constantly sweating and crying and trying to figure out why she's locked in this room, [but] she's very much the central piece of the puzzle.”
5. Returning Characters – Trailers have revealed that Chris Argent (J.R. Bourne), Gerard Argent (Michael Hogan) and Deucalion (Gideon Emery) will all return this season. Watch the trailer for “Teen Wolf” Season 5B below:
6. The Sheriff Is In Danger – The synopsis reveals that the Sheriff (Linden Ashby) will suffer from more than just physical injuries. “Scott and Stiles must strive to figure out what’s behind the mysterious infection that’s killing the town sheriff in spite of their deep rift,” the premiere synopsis reads.
7. Lacrosse – In between fighting Dread Doctors, chimeras, the Beast and figuring out how their powers work, the students will somehow find time for sports. Expect to see a few lacrosse games this season. Cody Saintgnue (Brett) posted a photo to Twitter showing a game and Orny Adams is confirmed to return as Coach Finstock after being absent for Season 5A.
— Go for Timeless :) (@CODYSAINTNEW) November 11, 2015
8. Scott’s Maturity – Expect Scott to really grow up in “Teen Wolf” Season 5B. “The end of Scott, like of this season, he just turns more into an adult, and he’s just got this dark kind of wisdom behind him,” Posey revealed to Seat42F. “It’s a really interesting thing and it’s my favorite Scott so far, I think.”
”Teen Wolf” Season 5B premieres Tuesday at 9 p.m. EST on MTV.