- Ailing Finnish smartphone maker Nokia Oyj (NYSE: NOK) is betting the company that two new Lumia smartphones based on the new Windows 8 OS from Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, will be international hits.
- The Instacube, which launched on Kickstarter Tuesday morning, is the solution for Instagram users that want enjoy their photos in more casual way. Now, anyone can passively view their Instagram feeds in their living rooms, on their work desks, or on their nightstands. They're party centerpieces, and a great way to immediately display photos being taken at that very party. It's the only way to share photos with a crowd of people; its viewfinder is far superior to that of an iPhone.
- Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) started shipping its $499 Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet in a bid for market share against the iPad from Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company. On of its innovations is an electronic stylus called the S Pen, first unveiled at the International Consumer Electronics Show in January.
- A new report hit the web Monday citing source close to Samsung, who apparently confirmed that the Galaxy Note 2 would indeed be unveiled in August, but not on the previously rumored date, but on August 15.
- Samsung will be releasing a follow up to its Galaxy Note device during a press event on August 15, according to BGR. The Galaxy Note 2 is said to boast a thinner and taller 5.5-inch display, in comparison to the current model’s 5.3-inch screen.
- ASUS has confirmed that the Eee Pad Transformer and Transformer Pad Infinity will be getting the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update later this year.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release Date: Device Tipped For Aug 30 Launch At IFA 2012 Trade Show In BerlinThe Galaxy Note that has narrowed the gap between a smartphone and a tablet has been among the key contributors to Samsung's success. While the newly released Galaxy S3 is expected to give Apple iPhone a run for its money, reports surfacing online say that a sequel to the Galaxy Note is also nearing release as early as late August.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 To Be Released In August With 5.5-Inch Display, 12MP Camera, Jelly Bean [REPORT]According to a latest report, Samsung is going to unveil the Galaxy Note 2 in August With features including a 5.5-inch display, 12MP camera and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
- Google has finally unveiled its own Android tablet, the Nexus 7, in collaboration with Asus; however, it will ship the same week as Asus's Transformer Pad Infinity Tf700m which adds another tablet into the rival pool, alongside the Amazon Kindle Fire.
- Dutch navigation software specialist TomTom (Pink: TMOAF) got a major boost this week as Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, said it would collaborate with it on new software for the iPhone 4S family.
- Speculation swirls that the current smartphone leader may be buying onetime mobile phones king.
- Nokia (NYSE: NOK), the ailing Finnish mobile products maker, will add tablets to new smartphones as part of its turnaround, Chairman Jorma Ollila said.
Samsung Galaxy S3 To Come On Verizon: Top 5 Upcoming And Existing Competitors Running On The Same NetworkVerizon Wireless will be offering the Samsung Galaxy S3 once the smartphone hit market on May 3, reports BGR. The latest news is a relief for Samsung fans who are presently on the Verizon as they missed out on the Galaxy S2 when it was released last year, instead settled for the Nexus option.
Tablet War 2012: 5 Upcoming ARM-Based Windows RT Tablets That May Pose The Biggest Threat To iPad Mini And Samsung ReleasesIn a recent development, Microsoft has unveiled the three editions of its next Windows products, namely, the consumer-friendly Windows 8, the more advanced and versatile Windows 8 Pro and the tablet-friendly Windows RT.
HTC One X: King Of Android To Face Fierce Competition Against Galaxy S3, iPhone 5 And Other HeavyweightsHTC One X, the best bet of the Taiwanese company is making headlines for its iconic design and stunning features. But the phone has to compete against biggies like iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy S2, Nokia Lumia 900, Motorola Droid Razr MAXX and Galaxy Note.
- The year 2012, since starting has witnessed a plethora of innovative wireless technology launches in the category of smartphones and tablets including others as well. Hence, here is a list of top gadgets in the category of tablets and smatphones which have stolen the hearts of the technology freaks and definitely have a wow factor which can make you drool over them.
- Basho, a four-year-old startup, is challenging giants like Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL) and EMC (NYSE: EMC) in the database market as well as new products for the Cloud, or Internet-based computing.