Articles by Consumer Electronics Show
- Nokia Bets The Company: New Windows 8 Phones Key To Recovery
September 04 2012 12:38 PM
Ailing Finnish smartphone maker Nokia Oyj (NYSE: NOK) is betting the company that two new Lumia smartphones based on the new Windows 8 OS from Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, will be international hits.
- Instacube: Hey Instagram, Your Hardware Solution Just Launched On Kickstarter [VIDEO]
August 21 2012 9:24 AM
The Instacube, which launched on Kickstarter Tuesday morning, is the solution for Instagram users that want enjoy their photos in more casual way. Now, anyone can passively view their Instagram feeds in their living rooms, on their work desks, or on their nightstands. They're party centerpieces, and a great way to immediately display photos being taken at that very party. It's the only way to share photos with a crowd of people; its viewfinder is far superior to that of an iPhone.
- Samsung Ships Galaxy Note 10.1 To Battle iPad Dominance
August 16 2012 12:47 PM
Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) started shipping its $499 Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet in a bid for market share against the iPad from Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company. On of its innovations is an electronic stylus called the S Pen, first unveiled at the International Consumer Electronics Show in January.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release Date: New 5.5-Inch Device Reportedly Confirmed For Aug. 15 Launch
July 24 2012 4:02 AM
A new report hit the web Monday citing source close to Samsung, who apparently confirmed that the Galaxy Note 2 would indeed be unveiled in August, but not on the previously rumored date, but on August 15.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release Date Reported As Aug. 15: Will It Be Faster Than The Galaxy S3?
July 23 2012 3:41 PM
Samsung will be releasing a follow up to its Galaxy Note device during a press event on August 15, according to BGR. The Galaxy Note 2 is said to boast a thinner and taller 5.5-inch display, in comparison to the current model’s 5.3-inch screen.
- ASUS Transformer Infinity And Eee Pad To Get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update
July 19 2012 4:00 PM
ASUS has confirmed that the Eee Pad Transformer and Transformer Pad Infinity will be getting the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update later this year.
- Nokia’s Challenge: Can It Wait for Windows 8?
July 19 2012 11:55 AM
Investors are betting that Finland’s Nokia (NYSE: NOK) can survive the smartphone wars, now that it’s gambled on Windows from Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release Date: Device Tipped For Aug 30 Launch At IFA 2012 Trade Show In Berlin
July 13 2012 6:21 AM
The Galaxy Note that has narrowed the gap between a smartphone and a tablet has been among the key contributors to Samsung's success. While the newly released Galaxy S3 is expected to give Apple iPhone a run for its money, reports surfacing online say that a sequel to the Galaxy Note is also nearing release as early as late August.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 To Be Released In August With 5.5-Inch Display, 12MP Camera, Jelly Bean [REPORT]
July 07 2012 12:59 AM
According to a latest report, Samsung is going to unveil the Galaxy Note 2 in August With features including a 5.5-inch display, 12MP camera and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
- Google Nexus 7 vs. Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700: How Do The Tablets Measure Up?
June 27 2012 6:51 PM
Google has finally unveiled its own Android tablet, the Nexus 7, in collaboration with Asus; however, it will ship the same week as Asus's Transformer Pad Infinity Tf700m which adds another tablet into the rival pool, alongside the Amazon Kindle Fire.
- Microsoft Tablet? Buzz Says iPad Rival Due
June 15 2012 12:42 PM
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, is expected to make a new consumer push by announcing its own Windows Tablet for shipment next quarter, industry analysts said.
- Trimble, TomTom, Garmin - New Targets In Smartphone Mapping Frenzy?
June 14 2012 6:25 AM
Dutch navigation software specialist TomTom (Pink: TMOAF) got a major boost this week as Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, said it would collaborate with it on new software for the iPhone 4S family.
- WWDC?s Big Miss - Where?s Apple TV?
June 12 2012 1:18 PM
Now that Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, has opened its Worldwide Developers Conference with the usual product splash, what happened to Apple TV?
- Will Samsung Buy Nokia?
June 08 2012 11:33 AM
Speculation swirls that the current smartphone leader may be buying onetime mobile phones king.
- Nokia Turnaround Will Add Tablets, Retiring Chairman Says
May 03 2012 4:14 PM
Nokia (NYSE: NOK), the ailing Finnish mobile products maker, will add tablets to new smartphones as part of its turnaround, Chairman Jorma Ollila said.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 To Come On Verizon: Top 5 Upcoming And Existing Competitors Running On The Same Network
April 28 2012 10:01 AM
Verizon Wireless will be offering the Samsung Galaxy S3 once the smartphone hit market on May 3, reports BGR. The latest news is a relief for Samsung fans who are presently on the Verizon as they missed out on the Galaxy S2 when it was released last year, instead settled for the Nexus option.
- Tablet War 2012: 5 Upcoming ARM-Based Windows RT Tablets That May Pose The Biggest Threat To iPad Mini And Samsung Releases
April 18 2012 10:16 AM
In a recent development, Microsoft has unveiled the three editions of its next Windows products, namely, the consumer-friendly Windows 8, the more advanced and versatile Windows 8 Pro and the tablet-friendly Windows RT.
- HTC One X: King Of Android To Face Fierce Competition Against Galaxy S3, iPhone 5 And Other Heavyweights
April 10 2012 11:07 AM
HTC One X, the best bet of the Taiwanese company is making headlines for its iconic design and stunning features. But the phone has to compete against biggies like iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy S2, Nokia Lumia 900, Motorola Droid Razr MAXX and Galaxy Note.
- Tech Freaks Favorite Gadgets In 2012: Is It On Your Wishlist Too?
April 10 2012 8:09 AM
The year 2012, since starting has witnessed a plethora of innovative wireless technology launches in the category of smartphones and tablets including others as well. Hence, here is a list of top gadgets in the category of tablets and smatphones which have stolen the hearts of the technology freaks and definitely have a wow factor which can make you drool over them.
- Startup Basho Challenging Oracle In Database, Cloud Markets
March 29 2012 8:08 AM
Basho, a four-year-old startup, is challenging giants like Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL) and EMC (NYSE: EMC) in the database market as well as new products for the Cloud, or Internet-based computing.