- Exxon Valdez, Marking Anniversary of Famous Spill, Slated to Be Scrapped
March 20 2012 11:11 AM
Nearly 23 years to a day after an overworked mariner crashed it into a reef, causing it to spill hundreds of thousands of barrels of oil into the pristine Alaskan sea, the bulker formerly known as the 'Exxon Valdez' is being retired and sold for scrap. In an ironic twist, the ship at the center of one of the most infamous environmental disasters ever will be recycled in a process called one of the greenest by an executive in the vessel demolition world.
- China To Raise Fuel Prices Amid Easing Inflation
March 19 2012 3:25 PM
China will raise its heavily regulated retail gasoline and diesel prices Tuesday by 6.4 percent and 7 percent, respectively, marking the biggest increase in 33 months, according to the National Development and Reform Commission.
- St. Patrick's Day Celebrations Across the World (PHOTOS)
March 19 2012 1:16 AM
Thousands of revellers, street artists and merrymakers took part in the annual St. Patrick's Day celebrations across the world on March.17, 2012.
- VIDEO Indian Wells 2012: Djokovic vs Isner Highlights [March17 - Semifinals]
March 18 2012 12:38 AM
The tall American knocked off the top-ranked player.
- Payment Giant SWIFT Cuts Iran From Global Financial Network
March 15 2012 3:04 PM
The move comes amid a new wave of sanctions designed by the U.S. and EU to further pressure Tehran to halt its alleged development of nuclear weapons.
- Delta-Boeing Clash Threatens Obama's Bid to Renew Eximbank
March 14 2012 9:28 PM
Concerns raised by Delta Air Lines
about the fairness of U.S. Export-Import Bank loans to help Boeing export aircraft are complicating President Barack Obama's push to quickly renew the bank's charter.
- Diego Maradona: 'I'm the Ron Wood, Keith Richards and the Bono of Football'
March 14 2012 4:42 PM
Legendary Argentinian soccer player Diego Maradona described himself as the Ron Wood, Keith Richards and the Bono of the sport as part of his ongoing feud with ex-Brazilian star Pele.
- UnitedHealth Group In Mideast Partnership
March 14 2012 9:26 AM
UnitedHealth Group Inc. (NYSE:UNH), the biggest U.S. health insurer by revenue, said it was partnering with a Dubai-based insurance company to provide service throughout the Middle East. The announcement is further proof of an ongoing trend for U.S. health insurers, who are looking to expand internationally in the face of some business uncertainty at home.
- Singapore Seeks To Be Asian Bullion Hub With Tax Free Gold and Silver
March 14 2012 8:49 AM
Another sign of Asia's increasing importance in the global gold market is news that Singapore is planning to boost its share of global gold trade sevenfold after scrapping taxes on gold, silver and platinum bullion. This is the aim of the International Enterprise Singapore, the city state's external trade agency according to Bloomberg.
- Saudi Crown Prince Nayef In U.S. For 'Routine Tests' At Cleveland Clinic In Ohio
March 10 2012 10:20 AM
Saudi Crown Prince Nayef, a pivotal figure who supervises the daily affairs of the kingdom, is undergoing routine tests at the renowned Cleveland Clinic in Ohio, Saudi television and hospital sources said on Friday.
- Where Will Syria’s Assad Find Asylum?
March 08 2012 2:17 PM
The country that is perhaps most intimately connected with offering a haven for brutal (and unemployed) dictators is the kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Is Kim Kardashian Dating a Saudi Billionaire? Star and Media Takeout Seem to Think So
March 06 2012 12:47 PM
Star Magazine and Media Takeout are claiming that Kim's dating a Saudi billionaire, but is it true?
- Oreo Celebrates 100 Years: Set Your Inner Kid Loose
March 06 2012 9:36 AM
Everyone's favorite Nabisco cookie, the Oreo, turned 100 on Tuesday. The iconic cookie sandwich has survived two World Wars, the Great Depression, the Cold War and Middle East turmoil.
- Assumptions of Middle East Architecture Challenged in New York Exhibition
March 04 2012 4:26 PM
The West and the Middle East have long had a strained political relationship. But when it comes to architecture, a more fruitful partnership has emerged.
- Pakistan Formally Seeks Musharraf's Arrest and Extradition; Interpol Alerted
March 04 2012 8:21 AM
Pakistani government has set the ball rolling for the arrest and extradition of former President Pervez Musharraf.
- Roger Federer beats Andy Murray to Lift His Fifth Dubai ChampionshipsTitle
March 03 2012 5:23 PM
Roger Federer swatted aside Andy Murray 7-5 6-4 to win the Dubai Championships on Saturday, the Swiss maestro's 72nd tour title, as he abandoned the baseline to dominate from the net.
- Red Cross Convoy Enters Homs Amid Syria Massacre Fear
March 02 2012 7:25 AM
A Red Cross aid convoy prepared to enter the shattered Baba Amro district of the city of Homs, Syria, on Friday after a government official declared the area cleansed and the opposition spoke of a massacre by President Bashar al-Assad's forces. Rebels withdrew Thursday in a key moment in the year-old uprising.
- Syrian Rebels Driven Out of Homs, Assad Scents 'Final Victory'
March 02 2012 3:00 AM
Defeated Syrian rebels abandoned their shattered stronghold in Homs, giving way to a 26-day army assault on a city that had become a symbol of the year-long revolt against President Bashar al-Assad.
- Rebels Driven out of Homs; Slain Foreign Journalists Reported Buried
March 01 2012 8:48 PM
Defeated Syrian rebels abandoned their shattered stronghold in Homs Thursday, giving way to a 26-day army assault on a city that had become a symbol of the year-long revolt against President Bashar al-Assad.
- Syrian Rebels Driven out of Homs; Red Cross Promised Access
March 01 2012 6:45 PM
Defeated Syrian rebels left their shattered stronghold in the city of Homs Thursday after a bloody 26-day army siege aimed at crushing a symbol of the year-long revolt against President Bashar al-Assad.