Articles by Dubai
- Dubai Gym Ad Featuring Holocaust Sparks Outrage, Owner Apologizes [PHOTO]
January 06 2012 11:50 AM
A Dubai gym and fitness center is under fire for promoting an ad campaign centered around a theme of the Holocaust for its latest fitness campaign, leading the owner of Circuit Factory, Phil Parkinson, to issue an apology.
- Damas International Shareholders Prep for Sale
January 04 2012 8:40 AM
The largest shareholders of Middle East jeweller Damas International have appointed a financial adviser ahead of a potential sale of some of their shares, the firm said in a regulatory filing on Wednesday.
- The Energy Report - Fireworks to Ring in the New Year!
January 03 2012 9:10 AM
We saw a lot of fireworks this New Year's eve but perhaps the most spectacular were the missiles fired from Iran. Yes Dubai, they even topped you.
- Top 10 Best Movies of 2011 (According to Rotten Tomatoes)
January 01 2012 5:42 AM
Top 10 best movies of 2011 are The Muppets, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, Moneyball, Hugo, Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, Midnight in Paris, Drive, 50/50, Source Code and The Descendants.
- UK College Sacks Principal and Wife for ‘Being White and Christians’
December 31 2011 5:23 AM
An independent college in Scotland, sponsored by the Dubai royal family and whose stated aim is to promote multiculturalism, has sacked its Principal - Professor Malory Nye, 47. They have alleged discriminatory practices on grounds of racial and religious bias as the reason for their dismissal.
- Qatar Bans Indian Biopic 'The Dirty Picture'
December 31 2011 3:37 AM
An Indian biopic, “The Dirty Picture”, on the life of “Silk” Smitha, a South Indian actress known for her erotic roles and films, has been banned by a Qatari agency in charge of censoring films to be screened in the country. The film has already been released in other Islamic nations, including Pakistan and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- Lindsay Lohan Angered by New Year's Eve Claim
December 30 2011 10:06 AM
Lohan's rep Honig concurred that Lohan will not be in Dubai, according to TMZ: Lindsay is not going to Dubai, nor had she ever considered doing so. She will be spending New Year's Eve in Los Angeles with a few close friends and family.
- Top 10 Travel Destinations for 2012
December 28 2011 1:50 PM
Around this time of year, wanderlust travelers raise a Champagne glass and spin the globe in search of the next great destination for the coming year. What will be the top destinations in 2012? Have a look:
- COMEX: The March to Irrelevance
December 27 2011 8:08 AM
Divergence between paper gold and physical gold price is happening, the process begun. Actual physical shortages have kept the price up.
- Kim Kardashian's Sexiest Looks of 2011: Her Best Before and After Divorce [PHOTOS]
December 25 2011 7:16 AM
Kim Kardashian's Sexiest Looks of 2011: Her Best Before and After Divorce [PHOTOS]
- Military Will Support Democracy in Pakistan: Army Chief
December 23 2011 8:38 AM
Pakistan's powerful military pledged on Friday to continue supporting democracy, reiterating it was not planning a takeover as tensions grew over a controversial memo alleging an army plot to seize power.
- Pakistani Military Chief Denies Coup Rumors
December 23 2011 6:49 AM
Pakistan's powerful military pledged Friday to continue supporting democracy, reiterating it was not planning a takeover as tensions grew over a controversial memo alleging an army plot to seize power.
- Pakistani Media Warn of Showdown Between Military and President
December 23 2011 12:01 AM
Pakistan's powerful military and civilian leaders are headed for a showdown over a memo that accused the country's generals of plotting a coup, newspaper editorials predicted Friday.
- Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Beam at ‘Ghost Protocol’ Premiere in New York [PHOTOS]
December 20 2011 9:46 AM
The latest Mission: Impossible flick is now playing in theaters.
- Prince Alwaleed buys $300 million Twitter stake
December 19 2011 7:42 AM
Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, an investor in some of the world's top companies, has bought a stake in Twitter for $300 million, gaining another foothold in the global media industry.
- Iran State TV Airs 'Confession' of Detained CIA Spy
December 18 2011 8:10 PM
Iranian state television on Sunday aired what it described as the confession of an Iranian man detained for spying for the CIA.
- Cruise Collection: Versace for H&M Unveils Second Collaboration
December 15 2011 4:15 AM
Following the global hysteria surrounding the debut collection of Versace for H&M, Donatella Versace has unveiled the second part of the collaboration coined the Cruise Collection.
- Armed Gang Robs Dubai Royal Family of $3M Holiday Spending Money: Report
December 14 2011 12:43 PM
Armed gang members who stole more than $3 million (£2million) in holiday spending money from the Dubai Royal Family while it was being loaded into a car are currently on trial.
- Louis CK: How He Made $500K in 4 Days
December 14 2011 10:31 AM
Comedian Louis CK took a major risk by putting his new stand-up special online for $5 without any copy restrictions, but the risk paid off. He raked in over $500,000 in revenue in four days.
- Elizabeth Taylor Auction-Mania -- From Jewelry to 'Cleopatra' Wig
December 13 2011 10:30 AM
Auctioneers are wigging out over Elizabeth Taylor.