- German Chancellor Angela Merkel Thursday said the European Central Bank's requirement on conditionality in exchange for help lowering borrowing costs in high-debt euro zone countries matches Germany's priorities to end the crisis, according to a published report,
- All the details of Robin van Persie's departure, as well as his possible replacement, plus news on the future of Alex Song.
- Crowd funding is relatively new even in the West, but it's taking hold in Africa. It could even solve a chronic problem on the continent: How to get money to startups that need capital
- EA Games is transforming "Command & Conquer" into a free-to-play multiplayer game, while Zynga revealed plans to publish partnered content being distributed in a more traditional publishing model than the one it pioneered.
- Watch highlights of Germany's friendly with Argentina in Frankfurt, featuring a stunning goal from Angel Di Maria.
- Controversy has erupted in Italy after a small town east of Rome built a memorial to a Fascist military leader, using public funds.
- The Iranian Interior Minister rejected a US offer of aid to earthquake victims, despite statements to the contrary the day before from the Iranian Vice President and Speaker of Parliament.
Germany vs. Argentina: Watch Live Stream Online of the International Friendly; Prediction, Probable Lineups, PreviewWatch live coverage of the friendly between Germany and Argentina in Frankfurt, plus a full preview, probable lineups and prediction.
- Ikea, the Swedish store known for its affordable DIY home furnishing, is branching into a new arena: the hotel business.
- Four men, one German and three Iranian-Germans, have been arrested in Germany on suspicion of having supplied Iran with key parts for its heavy water reactor.
- Asian shares steadied Wednesday as strong U.S. retail sales and data showing Germany and France avoiding a contraction last quarter bolstered investors' risk appetite, with weak euro zone growth sustaining hopes for more stimulus.
Gamescom 2012 Is Under Way: See Full Schedule And Dates, What To Expect From Ubisoft, ‘Black Ops 2’ Multiplayer And Wii U Gameplay [TRAILER]Gamescom 2012 is officially under way, with press conferences from two of the biggest names in the video game industry already finished. Capcom and Electronic Arts have showcased their current projects in the works, but there are still two days left of the European interactive entertainment trade fair
Apple iPhone 5 Release Date: US Pre-Orders To Start Sept 12, International Rollout In October (Report)Just a day after the tech world was amazed by purported leaked photos of the motherboard of Apple's next generation iPhone, aka "iPhone 5," a new report surfaced Monday, suggesting that the release date of the highly anticipated smartphone of 2012 is just over a month away, with Apple to start taking pre-orders from the second week of September.
- Frank Ocean has abruptly canceled a number of upcoming European performance dates, including a tour with Coldplay.
- Americans prefer digital games more than traditional boxed games, says a new study on game spending.
- Asian markets gained this week on buoyed investor confidence with indications of an improving U.S. economy and the hopes of an announcement of stimulus measures by China to regain the economic growth momentum.
- Major data releases aplenty are on the economic calendar next week. In the U.S., investors will focus on July retail sales, industrial production, and consumer prices. In the euro zone, second-quarter gross domestic product figures across the major economies and the German ZEW index are the main highlights.
- Chelsea look set to remain busy in the transfer market as the start of the new Premier League season approaches.