- Ron Paul 2012 Wins 12 Of 13 Minnesota Delegates
May 22 2012 11:29 AM
Ron Paul's 2012 campaign won 12 of 13 Minnesota delegates at the state's Republican convention this past weekend, demonstrating that the GOP presidential primary candidate's strategy of securing delegates is continuing to pay off.
- More Than 2,000 Wrongfully-Convicted Exonerated In Past 23 Years: Study
May 21 2012 2:37 PM
Researchers found that more than 2,000 defendants who were falsely convicted of serious crimes have been exonerated in the past 23 years.
- Cautious positioning the name of the game as Europe's woes persist; A$ at 6-month lows
May 20 2012 8:34 PM
True to recent form, the US dollar continued its winning run through the course of last week with European debt concerns remaining the primary stumbling block.
- Romney Exhibits Political Savvy In Rejecting Obama-Wright Attack Ad
May 18 2012 12:20 PM
Mitt Romney?s rejection of a Super-Pac?s proposed anti-Obama campaign featuring Rev. Jeremiah Wright, the president?s former pastor, demonstrates that Romney has more political sense than the Super-Pac?s big daddy, Joe Ricketts, a longtime conservative donor and founder of TD Ameritrade.
- Best-Read Cities In America? Seattle, Miami Make The List, But Not New York, Says Amazon
May 17 2012 6:25 PM
Did your city make the list?
- Arby's Employee Finger Found in Sandwich: 3 Other Fingers Discovered in Fast Food
May 17 2012 4:07 PM
A Michigan teen found his usual Arby's roast beef sandwich a little chewier than usual, only to discover it contained an extra ingredient: an employee's finger.
- US Mortgage Rates Hit Record Low For 3rd Straight Week: Freddie Mac
May 17 2012 10:48 AM
U.S. 30-year fixed-rate mortgages hit a new record low for the third straight week as concerns over the euro zone weighed on the economy, mortgage financier Freddie Mac said Thursday.
- WATCH: Crossroads GPS Hits Obama With $25 Million Ad Blitz [VIDEO]
May 16 2012 9:49 AM
A powerful conservative advocacy organization is about to unleash a $25 million advertising assault in ten different states, seeking to highlight inconsistencies in President Obama's record.
- April US Consumer Price Index Flat As Gas Prices Fall
May 15 2012 8:50 AM
Consumer prices in the U.S. were flat in April amid signs that a spike in gasoline costs was ebbing, according to government statistics released on Tuesday, supporting the Federal Reserve's view that the jump in fuel costs is only temporary.
- NDAA Detention Powers Under Attack From Bipartisan House Alliance
May 14 2012 5:42 PM
In a bipartisan surge of opposition to the National Defense Authorization Act, an amendment aims to ensure that suspected terrorists captured on U.S. soil can not be detained indefinitely without trial.
- Picking Up The Pieces At Arkansas After The Bobby Petrino-Jessica Dorrell Scandal
May 14 2012 5:07 PM
The effects of Bobby Petrino's infamous motorcycle crash are just beginning to be realized.
- Resume Embellishment? Yahoo?s CEO Not Alone
May 11 2012 12:35 PM
Rather than deal with business, directors of Yahoo (Nasdaq: YHOO), the No. 3 search engine, have been busy all week in the ?resume embellishment? scandal that forced one director to quit and put the CEO under a cloud.
- University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Continues Uptrend
May 11 2012 12:18 PM
The preliminary reading for May's University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment index came in better than expected continuing an uptrend: May: 77.8 Forecast: 76.4 Previous: 76.4 (revised from 75.7)
- Consumer Sentiment Improves In May: Job Market May Follow
May 11 2012 11:05 AM
Consumer sentiment crept up slightly in May to its highest level in four years as gasoline prices declined and many perceived the job market to be improving.
- May US Consumer Sentiment Rises To More Than 4-Year High
May 11 2012 10:48 AM
U.S. consumer sentiment rose to its highest in more than four years in early May as Americans remained upbeat about the job market, a survey released on Friday showed.
- Commodities Sold as Risk Appetite Unravels, US Data May Cap Losses
May 11 2012 8:49 AM
Commodity prices are trading broadly lower in European hours as risk appetite continues to unravel, with growth-sensitive crude oil and copper prices following stocks lower while safe-haven flow buoy the US Dollar, applying de-facto downward pressure on gold and silver. As we suspected earlier in the week, the latest bout of negativity appears rooted global economic growth fears.
- Mitt Romney Apologizes for Reported Prep School Bullying
May 10 2012 1:23 PM
Mitt Romney said he didn't remember the prep school prank he pulled on a boy in Michigan, but apologized if it had caused any hurt.
- Ford Recalls 27,000 Windstar Vans For Axle Problems
May 09 2012 3:20 PM
Ford Motor Co. (NYSE: F) is recalling 27,000 model year 1998 to 2003 Windstar vans which suffer from a problem which can cause the rear axle of the vehicle to fracture, increasing the risk of crash, a notice from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said Wednesday.
- Pet Food Recall Expands: Find Out Here If Your Pet Is Affected [FULL LIST]
May 08 2012 1:46 PM
Diamond Pet Foods is expanding a voluntary recall of nine brands of dry pet food made between Dec. 9, 2001 and April 7 due to potential salmonella contamination, this Missouri-based company announced.
- Inability to Adapt Could Cost Lugar Indiana Republican Primary Win
May 07 2012 3:37 PM
The blame game has already begun regarding Senator Richard Lugar?s anticipated loss in Tuesday?s Indiana Republican primary.