Articles by The New York Times
- Who Was Jeffrey Johnson? Details Emerge About The Empire State Building Shooter
August 24 2012 9:46 PM
Jeffrey Johnson returned to the location of his old job at the Hazan Import Corp. in New York, killing former co-worker Steve Ercolino on Friday. Since the shooting, details have emerged about who Johnson was.
- Joan Rivers, Rihanna Attack Each Other On Twitter Because Of Chris Brown Comments
August 24 2012 5:22 PM
After Rihanna confessed to Oprah Winfrey that she remains in close contact with Chris Brown, comedian Joan Rivers took to the social-media site to call the pop star an "Idiot!" -- among other things.
- Syrian Violence Spills Into Lebanon, Worsening Regional Instability
August 24 2012 11:55 AM
The Syrian civil war has sparked new levels of violence in neighboring Lebanon.
- Immigration Agents Sue Over New US Deportation Policy
August 24 2012 10:19 AM
Immigration agents are suing the federal government over a new policy that spares young immigrants from deportation, saying it is illegal and undercuts their obligations.
- Travis Tygart, USADA, To Strip Lance Armstrong Of All Seven Tour de France Titles After Cyclist Drops Charges Against Agency
August 24 2012 8:57 AM
The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency is expected to strip Lance Armstrong of his seven Tour de France titles and ban him from the sport of cycling for life. The move comes after Armstrong decided to drop charges against the doping agency, which alleged that he used performance-enhancing drugs.
- Jesus Fresco Ruined In Spain; Get Over It [VIDEO]
August 23 2012 10:30 PM
The botched restoration of a Jesus fresco in Spain quickly spread over the Internet Thursday. After Spanish officials thought vandals had destroyed the artwork of Jesus wearing the crown of thrones it was later revealed that an elderly parishioner had tried to touch it up the painting. In reality, she did anything but and, honestly, it’s not that big of a deal.
- Fox News Exposes Navy SEAL Involved In The Killing Of Bin Laden
August 23 2012 3:35 PM
Fox News revealed the name of a SEAL Team 6 member who had written a book about the killing of Osama bin Laden. "No Easy Day" was written under the pseudonym Mark Owen to protect the retired SEAL and his family.
- Interview With Classical Guitarist Miloš Karadagli?
August 23 2012 10:40 AM
The International Business Times had the chance to ask Miloš Karadagli? about the rebirth of classical guitar music, the current state of the music industry, and how his background shaped his work.
- Will Apple Release The iPhone 5 A Full Month Before The iPad Mini?
August 23 2012 10:09 AM
On Wednesday, Sept. 12, Apple is expected to debut the new iPhone, unofficially dubbed iPhone 5, as well as a brand-new tablet to its iPad line, the iPad Mini. We may even see a new iPod Nano, and a new 13" inch Retina MacBook Pro. However, it is highly unlikely these products will be released together. In fact, we believe Apple's release date for the iPhone 5 could be a full month before the iPad Mini launch. Will Apple Release The iPhone 5 A Full Month Before The iPad Mini?
- Egypt Seeks $4.8-Billion Loan From IMF
August 23 2012 7:07 AM
The Egyptian government Wednesday sought a $4.8-billion loan from the International Monetary Fund to help boost the country's economy struggling to recover from a political turmoil since last year's uprising that led to the fall of President Hosni Mubarak.
- How Paul Volcker created a Gold Standard without Gold
August 23 2012 4:56 AM
On 14 August 1979, a week after he took office as chairman of the Federal Reserve, Paul Volcker led his 1st meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee (FMOC). "Economic policy," he said, "has a kind of crisis of credibility." As a result, "dramatic action" to combat inflation would not receive public support "without more of a crisis atmosphere."
- 'Face-Kini' Swimwear Trend Sweeps China: Will The Face Bikini Catch On Around The World? [PHOTO]
August 22 2012 2:53 PM
Chinese women are going to great lengths to prevent their faces from getting sunburned by donning a "face-kini," a ski mask-type garment that covers their entire mug with openings for their eyes, noses and mouths.
- Apple iPhone 5 Release Date Approaches: 5 Reasons You Should Wait To Sell Your Current Phone
August 22 2012 12:32 PM
We're less than a month away from the alleged unveiling date for the iPhone 5, and Apple fans can't wait to get their hands on the company's latest model, which promises a new exterior design and hundreds of new features inside. While selling an old smartphone or iPhone before the next one releases has a few benefits, by and large, most users should wait to sell their old iPhones to buy an iPhone 5. We explain five reasons to wait it out.
- A Good Night's Sleep Less Likely For Minorities, Scientists Say
August 22 2012 11:29 AM
There's a burgeoning crop of studies that suggest minority groups have higher rates of disordered sleep than Caucasians.
- Why Does Barry Diller's IAC Want To Buy About.com?
August 21 2012 6:25 PM
Barry Diller's IAC/Interactivecorp reportedly has offered more than $300 million to buy information website About.com from the New York Times Co., in a move to expand IAC's Ask.com division.
- Ex-Us Weekly Editor Janice Min Ironically Complains Of Unfair Post-Baby Body Standards
August 21 2012 5:03 PM
Janice Min, the entertainment editor credited with helping Us Weekly "feed a hunger for celebrity," is outraged by the scrutiny of post-pregnancy female bodies. There's one-very big -- problem with that.
- Michael Moore And Oliver Stone Join Forces To Defend Julian Assange In New York Times Op-Ed
August 21 2012 3:15 PM
Controversial film directors Michael Moore and Oliver Stone joined forces to pen an op-ed Monday in The New York Times in support of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange's effort to seek political asylum in Ecuador.
- 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' Set To Take On Leno's 'Tonight Show' And Letterman's 'Late Night'
August 21 2012 2:27 PM
ABC has announced that it is matching "Jimmy Kimmel Live" up against NBC's Jay Leno and CBS's David Letterman. Kimmel will jump to the big stage, moving to 11:35 p.m. where he will be smack in the middle of the late-night lineup.
- Fareed Zakaria's Redemption Song: Is This Just What CNN Needs?
August 21 2012 2:05 PM
The floundering cable network has been in desperate need of a game changer to shake things up, and Zakaria's post-scandal return will offer a welcome change from the din of news pundits harping on the gaffe-of-the-week from the presidential campaign trail.
- Michael J. Fox Will Play Character With Parkinson's In New Series
August 21 2012 11:53 AM
NBC has won a bidding war for a new single-camera series starring Michael J. Fox. The series is based on Fox's own life.