Articles by NYSE
- Samsung Appeal On Apple Verdict? Not ‘Til Dec. 6, Judge Rules
August 29 2012 3:11 PM
Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) may have lost a $1.05 billion judgment to Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, but it’s won a temporary reprieve from the judge on product bans and other retaliatory measures.
- Google Chairman Eric Schmidt Sells $69.3 Million in Stock
August 29 2012 2:57 PM
Eric Schmidt, the executive chairman of Google Inc. (Nasdaq: GOOG), has sold 103,193 shares of the company worth around $69.3 million, according to Tuesday filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Environmentalists Hail Chilean Court's Decision To Halt Power Plant
August 29 2012 11:54 AM
A decision by Chile's top court to temporarily block a massive, coal-fired power generation venture pleased environmentalists but the project's backers, who saw their share price fall, insisted the delay was unnecessary.
- Thanks To Developing Nations, America Is King Of The International Arms Market
August 29 2012 11:52 AM
A surge in orders for weapons, most of which from developing nations, has turned into a boon for U.S. companies -- and they have the Saudis to thank more than anybody else.
- Eddie Murphy In Talks For ‘Beverly Hills Cop’ TV Show
August 29 2012 11:42 AM
Eddie Murphy is looking to revive the "Beverly Hills Cop" movie franchise with a new television series. The actor has begun shopping the action-comedy series around to the broadcast networks this week.
- General Motors Courts Russian Market At Moscow Auto Show and With $1B Investment
August 29 2012 11:26 AM
General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) holding the European debuts of three vehicles at the Moscow International Motor Show on Wednesday, and a key member of the company's Russian management confirmed a $1 billion investment.
- Chipotle Stops Cheating Customers After Rounding Up Exposed
August 29 2012 11:01 AM
Chipotle Mexican Grill said it would no longer implement rounding-up practices that led to the chain cheating customers out of pennies.
- Another Zynga Exec Quits After ‘Soul-Searching’
August 29 2012 9:36 AM
Mike Verdu, chief creative officer of Zynga Inc. (Nasdaq: ZNGA) quit the San Francisco-based electronic gaming website , becoming the fifth top official to depart in August.
- KKR May Invest More Than $1B In Japan’s Renesas Electronics
August 29 2012 8:56 AM
Legendary private equity investor Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (NYSE: KKR) may seek to acquire control of Japan’s Renesas Electronics (Tokyo: 6723) for a 100 million yen (US $1.27 billion) investment, which would be its largest in Japan, financial news agencies reported.
- Boeing, Airbus Battleground Shifts To Asia-Pacific
August 29 2012 6:20 AM
As the deepening sovereign debt crisis in Europe dampens air travel demands in the region, the world's two largest airplane makers, Boeing Co. (NYSE: BA) and Airbus S.A.S. (EPA: EAD), are now bringing their fierce competition to the Asia-Pacific skies.
- Diamonds; from Mining to Marketing
August 29 2012 4:50 AM
TIF, WMT, COST, TGT, JCP, M, ZLC. Compare the business Diamonds to the business of Gold, the Diamond industry is very small. The worldwide retail market for diamond jewelry was $60-B in Y 2010, and like the Gold business, the Diamond business involves several sectors: 1. Miners, producers and sellers of the rough goods.
- Top After-Market NYSE Movers (Pandora, WellPoint, AuRico, H.J. Heinz, Dycom, Imax, RadioShack)
August 29 2012 1:12 AM
The top after-market NYSE gainers Tuesday were Pandora Media, WellPoint, AuRico Gold Inc, Navios Maritime Partners and H.J. Heinz Co. The top after-market NYSE losers were Dycom Industries, Imax Corp, Graphic Packaging Holding, RadioShack Corp and 3D Systems Corp.
- Victoria’s Secret Lawsuit: Zephyrs Sues Lingerie Giant For $15 Million For Consumer Fraud And False Advertising
August 28 2012 8:54 PM
Victoria's Secret Stores Inc. and their parent company, Limited Brands Inc., are being sued by Zephyrs for $15 million since they have allegedly been "knockoffs" to their own customers, according to WWD.
- ESPN, Major League Baseball In $5.6B Deal
August 28 2012 3:53 PM
Walt Disney's ESPN unit and Major League Baseball announce an eight-year, $5.6 billion deal.
- IDC Shaves PC Forecast To Below 1% After HP, Dell Report Poor Results
August 28 2012 3:48 PM
IDC revised its forecast for this year’s PC sales gains to only 0.9 percent, after the top U.S. giants, Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE: HPQ) and Dell (Nasdaq: DELL), reported lower PC sales for their latest financial quarters. By contrast, tablet sales, headed by the iPad from Apple (Nasdaq:M AAPL) should surge 54 percent.
- Those Aren't Real! Victoria's Secret Selling Knockoffs: Lawsuit
August 28 2012 3:21 PM
Victoria's Secret has been selling knockoff hosiery, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday by Zephyrs against parent company Limited Brands Inc. (NYSE: LTD)
- Katie Couric Eyes Oprah’s Daytime Crown -- And She Has A Lot Of Company
August 28 2012 12:50 PM
Katie Couric, whose new show, “Katie,” debuts Sept. 10 on ABC, said she felt “liberated” after she left “CBS Evening News” last year amid stubbornly low ratings.
- Ford Brings Lincoln To China To Resist Cadillac's Onslaught
August 28 2012 12:08 PM
Ford's Lincoln brand hasn't done well in the U.S. but the nation's No. 2 automaker aims for better luck in China where archrival GM gets a big share of the luxury car market with its Cadillac line.
- Lexmark To Exit Inkjet Printer Unit, Fire 1,700; Shares Soar 20%
August 28 2012 11:46 AM
Printer specialist Lexmark International Inc. (NYSE: LXK) said it will fire 1,700 employees, mainly in the Philippines, as part of strategy to exit its aging inkjet printer business. The move came after the company reported lower income and revenue, industry experts forecast lower PC sales as well as competition from No. 1 printer maker Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ).
- IBM Debuts Most Powerful Cloud Server For Enterprises
August 28 2012 9:16 AM
International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE: IBM), the No. 2 computer maker, introduced its most powerful server for enterprises, the zEnterprise EC 12 mainframe, which it said cost as much as $1 billion to develop. The unit is intended for enterprises that can manage their own systems but also shift data processing to the cloud.