Articles by Pakistan
- US Hostage Warren Weinstein Asks Obama To Meet Al Qaeda's Demands In Exchange For Life [VIDEO]
May 07 2012 6:44 AM
Al Qaeda on Sunday released a video of American hostage Warren Weinstein urging the US government to act upon his abductors' terms or else he would be put to death, the Agence-France Presse (AFP) reported. In the video titled A Message from the Prisoner Warren Weinstein to His President, the former USAID worker was seen seated behind a table as he addressed President Obama: My life is in your hands, Mr. President. If you accept the demands, I live;don't accept the demands, t...
- Alleged US Drone Attack On Pakistan Kills 9 Militants: US Drone Policy Shows No Signs Of Change
May 05 2012 7:42 AM
A US drone attack targeting a Taliban militant compound in Pakistan has killed nine people Saturday, Pakistani authorities have alleged.
- Best Friends, Worst Enemies: Five Clues To The Power And Influence Of The Haqqani Network In Afghanistan
May 04 2012 10:17 PM
Labeled the Sopranos of the Afghanistan war, the Haqqanis have built themselves from what was once a rebel force bent on removing the Russians in the 1980s into a Mafia-like organization dealing in smuggling, extortion, and assassination.
- Pakistan: Suicide Bombing Kills At Least 20 In Bajaur
May 04 2012 9:34 AM
A suspected suicide bombing in Pakistan?s remote Bajaur tribal district in the northwest has killed at least 20 people and wounded at least 45, according to reports.
- Newly Released Bin Laden Letters Highlight Al Qaeda's Internal Divisions, Media Campaigns
May 03 2012 1:39 PM
Newly released correspondence between Osama bin Laden and his top lieutenants illuminate the inner workings of Al Qaeda, touching on topics that include media messaging, the need to unify an increasingly fractured organization and fears that jihadists are alienating other Muslims.
- India Bows To US Pressure, Will Cut Iranian Oil Imports
May 03 2012 4:38 AM
In a major victory for the US-EU led sanctions on Iran, the Indian government has asked top two importers of Iranian crude to cut their imports by at least 15 percent this year, the Wall Street Journal WSJ reported, quoting industry sources.
- US-Afghan Security Pact Doesn't Rule Out Drone Strikes In Pakistan
May 03 2012 4:27 AM
The security pact signed by US President Barack Obama and Afghan President Hamid Karzai, which defines America's future role in Afghanistan, doesn't rule out the possibility of drone strikes against insurgent targets in Pakistan even after the withdrawal of US troops in 2014, US Ambassador to Afghanistan Ryan Crocker has said.
- Bin Laden's Death Anniversary Leads NYC Police To Plan Security Surge
May 02 2012 12:55 PM
Though federal and local law enforcement officials said there are no known threats aimed at New York City in light of Osama bin Laden's death anniversary, New York police are beefing up security measures as a precaution.
- Pakistan On ?High Alert? On First Anniversary Of Bin Laden Death
May 02 2012 11:47 AM
However, no major protests or rallies were expected on Wednesday in Pakistan.
- Adis Medunjanin Guilty: Details Of His Training For NYC Subway Suicide-Bomb Plot
May 02 2012 11:45 AM
Adis Medunjanin, a 28-year-old al-Qaida operative, was found guilty Tuesday of plotting a suicide-bomb attack in New York City subways in 2009. The plot has been described by officials as one of the most serious terrorist plots against America since 9/11.
- Pre-Opening Wheat Market Report
May 02 2012 9:55 AM
July wheat was trading 6 3/4 cents lower late in the overnight session. Outside market forces look slightly negative today with some strength in the US dollar and a weaker tone to equity markets. There were 5 deliveries against the May wheat this morning bringing the total for the month to 55. The focus on the potential for a very large US winter wheat crop is beginning to weigh on market sentiment and helped to pressure the market yesterday and again overnight. In fact, on the Kansas Wheat tour...
- Obama In Afghanistan Signs Pact With Karzai, Announces End Of War By 2014
May 01 2012 8:25 PM
President Barack Obama spoke to the nation Tuesday evening during a surprise visit to Afghanistan, confirming that U.S troops will leave by the end of 2014.
- Al-Qaeda Pornographic Movies Found To Hide Documents Detailing Future Attacks
May 01 2012 3:49 PM
Last May, a 22-year-old Austrian named Maqsood Lodin attempted to smuggle documents from al-Qaeda into Germany. Police in Berlin were suspicious of him after he returned from Pakistan by traveling through Budapest, Hungary and then to Germany. Police were shocked to discover several digital storage devices and memory cards.
- BREAKING: Obama In Afghanistan To Sign 'Strategic Partnership' Agreement With Karzai
May 01 2012 3:36 PM
President Barack Obama will address the nation at 7:30 p.m. EDT to announce an agreement with Afghan President Hamid Karzai on the role of U.S. troops in Afghanistan.
- VIDEO: Mitt Romney/Giuliani Conference About Osama bin Laden Interrupted by Protester
May 01 2012 2:45 PM
Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney ignored a heckler shouting Mitt Romney you're a racist! while he and New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani criticized Barack Obama for politicizing the killing of Osama bin Laden.
- Five Arrested In US Plot To Blow Up Bridge
May 01 2012 12:43 PM
U.S. authorities arrested five self-described anarchists in the Cleveland area for allegedly plotting to blow up a four-lane highway bridge over a national park, but had no ties to foreign terrorism, the U.S. Justice Department said on Tuesday.
- US On Alert For Terrorist Attack: Al-Qaeda May Use Human Bombs To Blow US-Bound Planes On Bin Laden Death Anniversary
May 01 2012 6:39 AM
US airport authorities are on alert and taking special caution on the first death anniversary of America?s most wanted fugitive, Osama Bin Laden, the mastermind of Sept.11 terrorist attack on United States.
- Arianna Huffington Calls Obama's bin Laden Ad 'Despicable'
April 30 2012 4:43 PM
Media mogul Arianna Huffington called an Obama 2012 campaign ad with former President Bill Clinton despicable for questioning whether or not GOP rival Mitt Romney would have made the same call President Obama did to capture and kill Osama bin Laden.
- Saudis Suggest Bin Laden Clan May Stay In Kingdom
April 30 2012 1:53 PM
Two of bin Laden?s ex-wives are Saudi, while another is a national of Yemen
- Red Cross Asks Pakistan Media Not To Broadcast Video Of Murdered Aid Worker
April 30 2012 12:12 PM
His kidnappers and killers have threatened to release a video they took of Dale?s decapitation.