- Pakistan's Former Ambassador Haqqani Found Guilty In Seeking US Support
June 12 2012 3:08 AM
Husain Haqqani, Pakistan's former ambassador to the U.S., was found guilty by a Pakistani commission probing allegations that the diplomat, on behalf of Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari, sought help of the government of the United States in ousting Islamabad's military leadership.
- US Weighs Its Costly Afghanistan Supply Route Options
June 11 2012 4:11 PM
Talks to reopen the route are stalled, but the withdrawal of the team of low-level specialists does not indicate a significant break in U.S.-Pakistan relations
- Syrian Turmoil Is Catching Israel's Attention
June 11 2012 1:40 PM
On Sunday, Israeli Vice Prime Minister Shaul Mofaz endorsed using military intervention to stop the ongoing crisis in Syria.
- India, Pakistan Meet To Discuss World's Coldest Battle Field
June 11 2012 12:00 PM
Dubbed the world's highest and coldest battlefield, thousands of soldiers from both sides have died on the Himalayan mountain top, mostly from avalanches and frostbite.
- Republicans continue attacking Obama, Top Secret leaks
June 11 2012 3:19 AM
Among the government secrets leaked to the media in recent months were reports on US cyber warfare against Iran, procedures for targeting militants for drone attacks and the existence of a double agent who penetrated a militant group in Yemen. Republicans have also criticized the administration for disclosing details of the Navy SEAL team that killed al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in a raid on his Pakistan hideout last year.
- Attorney General Eric Holder Assigns Two Prosecutors to Look Into Document Leaks
June 09 2012 12:25 PM
Attorney General Eric Holder assigned two prosecutors to look into the classified document leaks that fed two New York Times articles this past week, further heightening the profile of a debate between Democrats and Republicans about secrecy and the press.
- Al Qaeda Leader's Wife Extols Arab Spring, Urges Muslims To Uphold 'Jihad And Martyrdom'
June 08 2012 4:44 PM
A statement from the wife of al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri has been released online, praising the role of women in the Arab Spring uprisings that have toppled authoritarian governments throughout North Africa and the Middle East in the past year and a half.
- Obama 'Offended' By Leak Allegations
June 08 2012 1:10 PM
As the New York Times continues to defend its coverage of President Barack Obama's terrorist kill list and the White House's cyber strategy against Iran, the president said it was offensive for people to assume or believe one of his aides leaked the top secret information to the press.
- Forced Marriage: An Ancient Practice In Modern Britain
June 08 2012 9:50 AM
Prime Minister David Cameron endorsed the law, calling forced marriage completely wrong and tantamount to ?slavery.?
- UN Human Rights Chief Questions Legality Of US Drone Strikes
June 08 2012 8:48 AM
Pillay says such measures raise serious legal issues.
- US Drone Policy Under Attack Again: UN, Afghanistan Question Its Legality
June 08 2012 5:25 AM
U.S. military strategy of continued drone strikes to fight the insurgents in Pakistan and Afghanistan once again stood accused of violating international law, this time by the U.N.'s human rights chief, Navi Pillay, and Afghan President Hamid Karzai.
- Iran Gets Diplomatic Boost In Beijing, And Not Just From China
June 07 2012 3:03 PM
The Shanghai Cooperation Organization, meeting in Beijing, offered statements of support for Teheran. That's bad news for American, and Western, influence in Central Asia
- Pakistan Bombing In Quetta Kills 14
June 07 2012 1:31 PM
The bomb targeted a madrassa, or religious school.
- Panetta?s Blunt Language On Militant ?Safe Havens? Turns Up Heat On Pakistan
June 07 2012 8:56 AM
anetta?s bluntness suggests that the façade of cordiality between Washington and Islamabad has all but evaporated
- Sectarian Killings Continue Unabated In Karachi, Pakistan: HRCP
June 06 2012 2:22 PM
The HRCP cited the widespread availability of weapons in the city.
- Pakistan?s Top Human Rights Campaigner Says State Wants To Kill Her
June 06 2012 1:59 PM
This is not a threat, she told reporters in Lahore. This is a straightforward plan to kill me.
- Panetta Urges Deeper Military Ties Between U.S. And India, As Pakistan And China Watch Warily
June 06 2012 12:27 PM
We need to deepen our defense and security co-operation, and this is why I have come to India, Panetta said.
- Panetta Urges India To Take Bigger Role In Afghanistan Security
June 05 2012 4:35 PM
Up until now, India?s military role in Afghanistan has been minimal.
- 'Sesame Street' In Pakistan? Not Anymore, As U.S. Cancels Funding
June 05 2012 3:27 PM
The U.S. has cancelled millions of dollars in funding for a project to develop a Pakistani version of the popular American children's educational television program, following allegations of corruption against the local puppet theater partnering on project.
- Al-Qaida No. 2 Killed By Drone Strike: U.S.
June 05 2012 2:20 PM
Libi, an Islamic scholar from Libya, was believed to be Al-Qaida's second-in-command