Articles by Pakistan
- Osama Bin Laden Death Anniversary Fuels Partisan Feuding
April 30 2012 11:39 AM
As the Obama administration uses the approaching one-year anniversary of Osama bin Laden's death to tout the president's decision to launch a strike on the former Al Qaeda leader, Republicans have accused the administration of unnecessarily politicizing the issue.
- US Drone Strike In Pakistan Kills Four Suspected Militants
April 29 2012 10:47 AM
A U.S. drone strike killed four suspected militants in Pakistan's North Waziristan tribal region near the Afghan border on Sunday, intelligence officials and witnesses said, the first strike in almost a month.
- CIA Memo Released: Obama Relied On Admiral Bill McRaven To Kill Bin Laden [TRANSCRIPT]
April 27 2012 1:09 PM
A memo from former CIA Director Leon Panetta, which confirms President Barack Obama's decision to proceed with the mission to hunt down Osama bin Laden, has been released. It notes that the timing, operational decision making and control [of the mission were] in Admiral McRaven's hands.
- Osama Bin Laden's Family Arrives In Saudi Arabia
April 27 2012 10:26 AM
Osama bin Laden's three widows will arrive in his home country of Saudi Arabia on Friday after being deported from Pakistan earlier in the day.
- India's Child Marriages: An Ancient Evil, A Modern Reality
April 27 2012 8:15 AM
Child-marriages have been illegal in India since the 2006 passage of the Prohibition of Child Marriage Act, but the practice persists unabated, particularly among the rural poor.
- French Presidential Hopeful Hollande Will Uphold Ban On Face Covering
April 27 2012 6:43 AM
Socialist contender for the upcoming French presidential election Francois Hollande has said that, if elected, he will uphold the law banning burqa, or the veil used to cover face, enacted by incumbent President Nicolas Sarkozy's conservatives.
- U.S. Expands Drone Strike Program In Yemen To Target Militants
April 26 2012 4:30 PM
The United States is expanding CIA and military drone strikes against al-Qaeda in Yemen to protect American from the increasing threat the terror network poses in that country.
- Osama Bin Laden's Family To Depart Pakistan Thursday; US Worries Over Revenge Attacks
April 26 2012 2:40 PM
The discovery of the world?s former most wanted man threatened relations between the U.S. and Pakistan.
- Pakistan: Foreign Minister Claims Military Power Easing, While Prime Minister Convicted Of Contempt
April 26 2012 9:46 AM
She also said that this new dynamic may lead to significant changes with respect to Pakistan?s relationships with the U.S. and India.
- Pakistan?s Prime Minister Gilani Punished Symbolically For A Few Seconds In Contempt Case
April 26 2012 6:16 AM
Pakistan's Supreme Court Thursday sentenced Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani to a symbolic detention for a few seconds after he was found guilty of contempt of court by refusing to reopen the corruption cases against President Asif Ali Zardari.
- Pakistan Tests Intermediate-Range Nuclear-Capable Missile
April 25 2012 8:26 AM
The missile?s impact point was somewhere in the Indian Ocean, according to the military unit.
- Top 12 Spamming Nations: India Claims The Crown From US
April 25 2012 4:53 AM
India has overtaken the US to become the world's top source of junk or unsolicited emails, accounting for one in ten spam messages in the inbox, research by a security firm has found.
- Pakistan To Issue ID Cards To Hindus, But Discrimination, Forced Conversions Continue
April 24 2012 1:30 PM
As Hindu marriages are usually not registered under Pakistani laws, many Hindus are unable to provide proof of their marriages, making it impossible to acquire passports and other important documents.
- Pakistan To Test Long-Range Missile; Deepens Defense Ties With China
April 24 2012 8:41 AM
Air travel between India and the Persian Gulf will likely have to be postponed or re-routed during that period.
- Pakistan To Launch Missile, India Alerted: An Answer To Agni-V?
April 24 2012 7:21 AM
Close on the heels of India testing Agni-V, its first long-range, nuclear-capable ballistic missile, Pakistan has alerted India of its plans to conduct a similar launch very soon.
- Pakistan Begins Safety Inspections Of All Private Airlines After Crash
April 23 2012 12:12 PM
A series of aviation incidents in Pakistan, including last Friday's plane crash near Islamabad that killed all 127 passengers, has incited a quick response from the Defence Minister who has ordered new comprehensive aircraft safety inspections to ensure that all aircrafts meet necessary safety standards.
- Iran Decodes '50 Years Of American Technology' From Downed Drone
April 23 2012 9:36 AM
Iran has recovered data from the unmanned American drone that crashed near the Afghan border last year, and is using the information to reverse-engineer its own spy plane, the Islamic Republic announced on Sunday.
- Veena Malik Would ‘Consider’ Posing Nude in Playboy After FHM Photo Controversy [PHOTOS]
April 23 2012 9:09 AM
Veena Malik, a Bollywood actress and model who raised controversy last year with a nude cover for FHM magazine, said she would pose in nude photos for $1 million. In an exclusive interview with The Mirror, Malik said she would consider the offer to photograph naked pictures with Playboy magazine.
- Iran And India: A Tangled Web Of Oil And Geopolitics
April 21 2012 11:17 AM
India -which criticized the sanctions by the U.S., United Nations and European Union - recently became Iran's top oil buyer.
- Pakistan Plane Crash: Victims Mourned As Rescue Teams Search Amid Crash Site [PHOTOS]
April 21 2012 6:31 AM
Pakistan Saturday was plunged into a state of mourning after 127 people were killed when a Bhoja Air plane crashed in Islamabad Friday night.