- The head of China's national pension fund called for a bigger role for the Chinese currency in the international monetary system, saying the yuan could someday account for 10 percent of global reserves.
- Viktor Bout, a Russian national known as the Merchant of Death for his far reaching arms deals across the world will learn how long he will be in prison on Thursday. His defense attorneys have asked the judge to set him free while United States prosecutor said he should be locked up for the rest of his life.
Jenna Talackova: Transgender Miss Universe Canada Contestant Infuriates LA Hotel Guests During Bikini Photo Shoot [PHOTOS]Transgender beauty queen Jenna Talackova, who made headlines for being ousted from the 2012 Miss Universe Canada competition, infuriated guests at a hotel in Los Angeles during a bikini photo shoot at the rooftop pool Monday. Talackova was taking photos at the pool Hotel Wilshire and angered guests dining in the restaurant beside the pool, the Roof on Wilshire restaurant.
- China has sent election monitors to check on Myanmar's recent parliamentary elections. The irony of a country without free democratic elections monitoring ballots has not been lost on the Chinese.
- When watching the Danish film Teddy Bear, the acting seems so natural you may suspect that you aren't watching professionals at all. That's because director Mads Matthiesen chose to cast non-performers in his debut work. The hero of the film, Dennis (who may be likened to a great big teddy bear) is played by Kim Kold,
- The 2012 Myanmar elections have been hailed as the most important sign yet that the nation's nascent reform movement is earnest in its commitment to change. But before that change comes, here's a look inside...
- U.S. manufacturing grew alongside the overall economy in March, rising 1 percent over the previous month's level, according to the March purchasing managers index (PMI) of the Institute for Supply Management.
- A car bomb caused the deadly fire at a Southern Thailand hotel that killed three persons and injured several others Saturday, said the Thai national police chief.
- Women infected with two separate human immunodeficiency virus strains have a stronger immune response than women infected with a single HIV strain, a finding that could assist in producing the elusive anti-HIV vaccine, according to a new study published in the journal PLoS Pathogens.
- Thailand's floating movie theater Archipelago Cinema may have been the most beautiful place on earth to catch a film, but the fleeting marvel is now a drifting memory.
- Many in the circle of Stanford women's volleyball are wondering about sophomore volleyball player Samantha Sam Wopat's cause of death after she died on Sunday, however, family privacy may stall the answer indefinitely.
- With timeless towns, towering pagodas, and fervently Buddhist locals, Myanmar promises the authentic Asian experience that's fading in neighboring Thailand.
- The insurance market listed the litany of disasters in its annual report, which included claims from flooding in Australia in January, the February earthquake in New Zealand, the Japanese earthquake and tsunami in March and the floods in Thailand.
- Stanford sophomore volleyball player Samantha Sam Wopat was rushed to hospital from her campus residence on St. Patrick's Day and remained in the intensive-care unit until her death on Sunday.
- Gold Settled .70 Cents Lower ... ($1684.90). Today's April Gold Futures traded a very choppy yet technical $17.40 range consisting of high of $1696.90 and a low of $1679.50. it appeared that traders were very tentative after the market could not hold momentum and take out the $1697.00 resistance level and may have taken some profits after yesterday's $23 plus rally. The Indian government's increasing tax raises on gold imports has uproar from India's jewelers and traders. Recently th...
Jenna Talackova, Transgender Beauty Disqualified from 2012 Miss Universe Canada, ‘Deeply Moved’ By Support [PHOTOS]Jenna Talackova, the transsexual contestant disqualified from the 2012 Miss Canada Universe, is deeply moved by the support she has gained from fans following the announcement of her disqualification and an online petition to reinstate her entry in the competition and raise awareness. View the slideshow to see photos of Jenna Talackova.
Samantha Wopat: Stanford University Volleyball Player And Junior Olympic Team Member Dies After Medical EmergencyNineteen-year-old Samantha Wopat tragically passed away on Sunday after being in intensive care since March 17. Wopat, a sophomore at Stanford University was a volleyball player for her school, as well as a former member of the U.S. women's junior team.