Articles by Thailand
- IPad '3' Release Date April 20th For 21 Additional Countries, Apple's New Tablet Goes Global [REPORT]
April 16 2012 11:23 AM
Apple’s new iPad has been available in the United States and Europe for over a month now, but the device has yet to expand globally. The Cupertino-based company is looking to change that, announcing that the next generation tablet will make its debut in 21 additional countries starting on April 20th.
- KKR To List MMI International On Singapore Exchange
April 16 2012 9:45 AM
KKR & Co. L.P. (NYSE: KKR), a global private equity company, plans to list precision engineering components manufacturer MMI International on the Singapore Exchange, reported the Dow Jones Newswires, citing three people familiar with the matter, as financial market conditions stabilize on the island nation.
- Brent Falls Below $120 on China Data, Euro Zone Worries
April 16 2012 9:13 AM
Brent crude fell below $120 on Monday as growing worries about the global economy from Europe to China, the world's No. 2 oil consumer, reinforced concerns about slowing demand for petroleum.
- Rohingya, Myanmar’s Stateless Muslims, Seek Deliverance
April 13 2012 8:44 AM
With the election of Suu Kyi into Myanmar's parliament, some Rohingya are optimistically cautious.
- Wall Street Rebounds After 5-Day Decline
April 11 2012 12:42 PM
Stocks rose on Wednesday, bouncing back after five days of sharp losses that pushed the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq below their key technical levels.
- Indonesia Earthquake: India Tsunami Warning Withdrawn
April 11 2012 12:15 PM
India has withdrawn its tsunami warning from earlier today, which was issued following the massive earthquake which rocked the region measuring 8.6 on the Richter scale in Indonesia this afternoon India Standard Time (IST), reported the Press Trust of India.
- Stock Futures Rebound, Pointing To Higher Open
April 11 2012 9:35 AM
Wall Street was set to bounce back at the open on Wednesday after five days of losses on the S&P 500 that brought the benchmark index down more than 4 percent.
- US Stock Futures Rebound From Steep Losses
April 11 2012 8:42 AM
Stock index futures bounced back on Wednesday after five days of losses on the S&P 500 that brought the benchmark index down more than 4 percent.
- Indonesia Earthquake: Photos From The 2004 Tsunami
April 11 2012 8:39 AM
An 8.7 magnitude earthquake struck right off the waters of Indonesia on April 11, 2012. The large quake could be felt in Singapore, Thailand and India, striking fear in thousands of people. Fear of a tsunami striking is due to the 2004 earthquake that hit Indonesia. Take a look at photos of the devastation that the 2004 earthquake and tsunami caused to the Aceh province in Indonesia.
- Indonesia Tsunami Warning 2012: 8.7 Earthquake, Huge Aftershock Strike Fear On Wednesday
April 11 2012 7:55 AM
On Wednesday an 8.7 magnitude earthquake struck right off the waters of Indonesia. The huge quake could be felt in Singapore, Thailand and India. In 2004, a 9.1 magnitude earthquake struck Indonesia, setting off a tsunami. Over 226,000 people in Sri Lanka, Thailand, Indonesia, India and nine other countries were killed, reports CNBC. The latest earthquake has set fears of a Tsunami in residents.
- Japan Core Machinery Orders Gain Surprisingly In February
April 11 2012 7:26 AM
Japan's core machinery orders rose in February against all expectations, indicating that the country’s economy is in the path of recovery in spite of deflationary pressures, a strengthening currency and decreasing foreign demand.
- Indonesia Earthquake: USGS Says Less Chance of Tsunami; No Casualties Reported
April 11 2012 7:21 AM
A geophysicist with the US Geological Survey has said it was unlikely that a tsunami would be generated given that this type of earthquake that largely involved the horizontal movement of the earth's blocks, does not produce a column of water that could cause a tsunami.
- Sony Losses 2011: Loss Projection Doubles To Record $6.4 Billion; Why Hirai Should Fire The Board
April 10 2012 2:53 PM
Not 24 hours after Sony announced it would slash about 10,000 jobs -- about six percent of its global workforce -- by the end of the year, the Japanese electronics maker announced on Tuesday that it has again doubled its annual net loss to a record $6.4 billion.
- Hot Dog-Stuffed Crust: Pizza Hut UK Customers Get Tasty Option, Will It Ever Come To America?
April 10 2012 10:54 AM
British customers of Pizza Hut are privy to a delicious option for their pizza: a hot dog-stuffed crust!
- Thailand Princess Bejaratana Rajasuda Sirisobhabannavadi's Royal Cremation [PHOTOS]
April 10 2012 1:39 AM
Take a look at Princess Rajasuda's cremation ceremony held on Monday.
- Sony Slashes 10,000 Jobs: What CEO Hirai Can Learn From Apple
April 09 2012 11:07 AM
Sony will cut about 10,000 jobs, which equates to about six percent of its global workforce, by the end of the year. The move comes after an extremely poor annual forecast and the hiring of a new CEO, Kazuo Hirai, who looks to get profit out of the red for the first time in four years.
- Sony To Cut 10,000 Jobs Worldwide: Focus On Core Business, Paring Losses
April 09 2012 5:00 AM
Consumer electronics and entertainment giant Sony is letting go 10,000 employees, a sixth of its total workforce, in an effort to concentrate resources on core business and bring the company back to black.
- Viktor Bout Conviction Draws Sharp Criticism From Russia, Kremlin Claims It Is 'Unjustified And Agenda-Driven'
April 06 2012 5:12 PM
The Russian government criticized the United States for it so-called unjustified decision to sentence alleged international arms dealer, Viktor Bout, to 25 years in prison. The Kremlin has vowed to bring the Russian national, known in the United States as the Merchant of Death, back to his home country.
- Russia Decries Viktor Bout Sentencing; Lawyer Says Extradition Won't Be Sought
April 06 2012 5:09 AM
Russia will take all necessary efforts to get its citizen returned to his native country, the foreign ministry said. Bout, dubbed the Merchant of Death and basis for the movie Lord of War, was sentenced Thursday to 25 years in prison.
- 'Merchant Of Death' Viktor Bout Gets 25 Years For Colombian Arms Deal
April 05 2012 7:06 PM
The 45-year-old Russian was busted in a 2008 sting in Thailand in which undercover informants working for U.S. authorities posed as members of the Colombian rebel group FARC. Bout insists he was a legitimate businessman just trying to sell airplanes, not weapons.