Articles by Thailand
- Renesas Electronics To Cut 5000 Jobs To Save $550 Million
July 03 2012 7:23 AM
Renesas Electronics Corp (TYO: 6723), a leading Japanese semiconductor manufacturer, said that it is letting go 5000 employees in an effort to restructure the organization and bring the company back to black.
- Apple Finally Settles iPad Trademark Dispute in China; Proview Accepts $60 Million
July 02 2012 10:34 AM
Apple's two-year-long trademark battle with Proview Technology over the use of the name iPad has finally come to a close. The Cupertino, Calif.-based computer giant has reportedly agreed to pay the Chinese electronics maker $60 million to settle the dispute of ownership, which will removes any further obstacles to selling its popular line of tablets in China.
- Apple Could Integrate iTunes Closer To iCloud
June 28 2012 9:38 AM
Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, may change the way iTunes works so that it?s more closely integrated with the iCloud file-storage service, news services said.
- Submerging Markets
June 25 2012 10:57 AM
The weekend brought a sobering warning from the Bank for International Settlements, which suggested that the emerging markets are facing their own version of the boom and bust cycle that brought the developed world to its knees three years ago.
- 'Smoking Kid' Thailand Video Goes Viral: Is It The Best Anti-Smoking Ad Ever? [VIDEO]
June 22 2012 3:27 PM
A powerful anti-smoking ad from Thailand where children with cigarettes in their hands ask smokers for a light and the smokers chide them on the harmful effects of puffing tobacco has gone viral.
- Is Europe Making Japan Unsafe For US Investors?
June 21 2012 11:37 AM
Japan's gaping trade shortfall with the EU could exacerbate its fiscal woes by worsening its debt situation and subjecting Japanese government bonds to rising yields in the face of mounting market fears and increasing skepticism among U.S investors.
- Aung San Suu Kyi Addresses British Parliament, Gets Oxford PhD
June 21 2012 11:31 AM
The pro-democracy opposition leader and former political activist is undertaking a major tour of Europe.
- Russia Buys 0.5 Million Ounces and Bank of Korea ?Needs To Buy More? Gold
June 21 2012 7:35 AM
Russia Buys 0.5 Million Ounces and Bank of Korea ?Needs To Buy More? Gold
- Worldwide PC Market Will Grow 5% In 2012: IDC
June 21 2012 1:47 AM
The worldwide PC market is expected to grow 5 percent year over year in 2012 with nearly 383 million shipments, a slight improvement over the moderate growth seen in 2011 as PCs continue to struggle for growth amidst intensifying competition from alternative devices, global political uncertainty and a still bumpy economic roadmap, says the latest International Data Corporation report.
- US Deserter Found: David Hemler Breaks His Silence After Leaving The Air Force 28 Years Ago
June 19 2012 4:04 PM
David Hemler, who deserted the United States Air Force approximately 28 years ago, was found in Sweden, where he has been living since 1984, after he revealed his true identity to his family.
- The World Upside Down: Why Emerging Economies Are Helping To Save Europe
June 19 2012 3:55 PM
Brazil, India, China and the other countries that paid into the latest European bailout fund aren't doing it for charity. Here's what they stand to gain from saving their former colonial masters.
- A New Day in Myanmar? Not For The Stateless, Rejected Rohingya People
June 12 2012 3:40 PM
Sectarian violence has flared in western Myanmar (formerly Burma) between Muslims and Buddhists, following the brutal rape and murder of a young woman last month.
- Do Asian Central Banks Hold Enough Gold?
June 12 2012 8:45 AM
The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) noted in its June 2012 Quarterly Review that central bank balance sheets in emerging Asia expanded rapidly over the past decade because of the unprecedented rise in foreign reserve assets.
- Myanmar: Sectarian Violence Underscores Repression Of Rohingya Muslim Minority
June 11 2012 12:37 PM
Since the eruption of violence, 500 houses have been burned or razed in the region, while 5,000 people have become homeless.
- Tri-lateral contract signed for onshore Nat Gas exploration in Myanmar
June 11 2012 3:27 AM
Under the production sharing contract, signed among state-run Myanmar Oil and Gas Enterprise, Singapore's Istech Energy EP-5 Pte Ltd and Myanmar private-owned Smart Technical Services Limited, exploration will be made onshore at block EP-5 in Inpin Tegyigon area.
- Poor, Desperate, And Black: Illegal African 'Intruders' Stoke Anti-Immigrant Attitudes In Israel
June 09 2012 1:26 PM
Israel received about 4,600 asylum applications from Africans last year, according to the U.S. State Department. About 3,700 were rejected, while only one was approved. The others are pending.
- Selling England By The Pound: UK Up For Sale To The Highest Foreign Bidders
June 07 2012 3:24 PM
Punters in London pubs say the power station is cursed, but its latest purchase is far from extraordinary. The influx of Asian and Arab investors to England -- as well as to the United States, France, Greece and elsewhere -- is emblematic of the current economic state of the world.
- The Great Escape: Suspected Corrupt Bureaucrats (And Their Billions) Flee China in Droves
June 06 2012 3:15 PM
Thousands of government officials suspected of being corrupt have fled China in the past decade. They've taken billions with them, and have no intention of bringing them back
- U.S. Ranks No. 1 In Generosity, Now Let's Give More
June 06 2012 11:49 AM
Giving is as good for your own soul as it is for the people you help. If you don?t have the cash, do what 43 percent of American?s do -- volunteer to help a non-profit that helps others.
- Iran Gold Imports Surge - 1.2 Billion USD Of Precious Metals From Turkey in April Alone
June 05 2012 7:56 AM