Articles by Thailand
- US Only Western Country To Carry Out Capital Punishment Last Year, Ranks 5th Worldwide
March 27 2012 6:11 AM
The US was the only western country to have carried out judicial executions last year and the 43 executions in the country ranked it fifth in the world in capital punishment, behind China, Iran, Saudi Arabia and Iraq, Amnesty International said Monday.
- Google Charts a Careful Course through Asia's Maps
March 23 2012 10:25 AM
Google rushed out its panoramic Street View maps in Thailand on Friday as part of the country's efforts to show tourist hot spots have recovered from last year's floods.
- JYJ Fans in South America: Airport Footage Captures Frenzy in Santiago, Lima [VIDEOS]
March 22 2012 5:03 PM
JYJ has unleashed new footage showing their fans in South America.
- Central Banks Take Advantage Of Gold Price Decline To Buy Bullion
March 19 2012 1:20 PM
The fall in gold prices has prompted one or more central banks to buy as much as four tonnes of bullion in recent weeks, according to an industry source and a Financial Times report on Friday.
- Marilyn Monroe Meets Angels at Warhol Show in Asia
March 16 2012 4:45 PM
Andy Warhol, the Pope of Pop, is making a pilgrimage to Asia on the 25th anniversary of his death, with one of the largest collections of his art set to tour five cities in the region over the next two years.
- Potato Chips: My International Adventure In Frito-Lay Chip Flavors
March 16 2012 3:35 PM
Following National Potato Chip Day on Mar. 14 and Pepsi's Banner Sun potato chip brands reaching an impressive $10 billion in global retail sales, the food company was very generous in sending me a very interesting selection of chips.
- India to Surpass Japan as No. 2 Asian Car Market by 2016
March 14 2012 4:31 PM
India will surpass Japan as the No. 2 vehicle market in Asia by 2016, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal based on data and research from IHS Automotive. The report also says that auto sales in China, Asia and the world's largest market, will continue to grow steadily through the rest of the decade.
- Some Central Banks are Showing Increasing Concerns about their Gold Holdings
March 13 2012 11:41 AM
For more than 20 years, most central banks diversified out of gold into currencies, especially the US dollar as well as US Treasuries.
- End of Strong Yen; BoJ Relieved?
March 13 2012 10:17 AM
The Japanese yen (JPY) continues to weaken against the U.S. dollar (USD), as the greenback gets support from improving risk appetite and better economic data coming from the U.S.
- JYJ in South America: K-Pop Fever Hits Chile, Peru [PHOTOS]
March 12 2012 3:21 PM
JYJ is the first K-Pop group to headline shows in South America.
- Top 5 Destinations for Affordable Luxury
March 12 2012 8:52 AM
Royal treatment without a royal wallet.
- IBT1000: Nakilat Shippers of the World's Natural Gas
March 09 2012 2:11 PM
War's shadow looms over the Strait of Hormuz, and for one company in Qatar, the disruption of shipping traffic of the Strait could very well mean the end of its business.
- The Tribeca Film Festival Spotlight Series Announced
March 08 2012 4:44 PM
The 11th annual Tribeca Film Festival has announced its 2012 film sections for the popular Spotlight and Cinemania series. The festival, which was started by Robert DeNiro after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, takes place from April 18th to April 29th.
- Toyota Recalls: What Are The Most Common Defects In Cars?
March 08 2012 2:24 PM
Cars are recalled because of engineering errors at a particular plant or time period. What are the most common defects found in cars?
- Indian National Arrested for Bombing of Israeli Diplomats in Delhi
March 07 2012 10:26 AM
An Indian journalist was arrested on Tuesday as a suspect in last month's bombing of an Israeli diplomat's car in New Delhi.
- Mazda Seeks to Raise $1.67B In Share Offering
March 05 2012 12:54 PM
Mazda Motor Corp. set the price of an approximately $1.67 billion share offering at a discounted ¥124 per share, roughly $1.53, on Monday in the hopes that the money raised can help fund a return to profitableness for the struggling Japanese car manufacturer.
- Tesco to Add 20,000 UK Jobs
March 05 2012 11:54 AM
Tesco Plc (LON:TSCO), the UK's largest retailer, said Monday it would add 20,000 local jobs over two years.
- India Bans Cotton Exports Without Explanation
March 05 2012 11:12 AM
India announced on Monday an immediate ban on all cotton exports until further notice, cutting off the world's second-largest exporter of cotton, in an unexplained move that could limit global supplies and drive up prices.
- $5 Gas is High, But the Price is Much Higher in Many Foreign Countries
March 01 2012 5:13 PM
Gas prices have risen to above $4 per gallon in many parts of the United States, sending economists into a tizzy about its impact on consumer spending, consumer confidence and the effects it will have on the housing market.
- Toyota To Ramp Up Production In Thailand
February 29 2012 11:48 AM
Toyota Motor Corp. (NSYE: TM) announced Wednesday it will increase the output of its Thai engine-building subsidiary Siam Toyota Manufacturing Co. in 2014, in an effort to meet growing demand in Asia.