Articles by White House
- Pelosi Backs Reid On Tax Return Assault
August 06 2012 12:02 PM
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has supported Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's allegation that Mitt Romney avoided paying taxes for years, giving her imprimatur to a charge that Romney's campaign has dismissed as baseless slander.
- As Obama Fundraises In Connecticut, Big Fish At $35K -- And Little Minnows At $500
August 06 2012 10:51 AM
Obama will be in Connecticut on Monday on a fundraising jaunt that features two tiers of backers.
- White House Sets $465 Price Tag For Avoiding Deportation
August 06 2012 9:27 AM
The Obama administration is starting to launch an initiative that could protect hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants from deportation, announcing on Friday that it would start accepting applications in mid-August.
- President Barack Obama Celebrates His 51st Birthday With Golf, Job Growth
August 04 2012 4:20 PM
President Obama is one of the youngest presidents in history, coming in only behind Ulysses S. Grant, Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy and Bill Clinton. The 44th president is spending his birthday golfing and having dinner with the first lady at Camp David. He'll attend fundraising events across the country in the next few days in an attempt to make sure this won't be his last birthday in the White House.
- Romney Hits Harry Reid Over Tax Claim: 'Put Up Or Shut Up'
August 03 2012 10:48 AM
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney fired back at Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid on Thursday, saying the Nevada Democrat needed to "put up or shut up" regarding his claim that Romney had failed to pay taxes.
- William Patrick Hitler Writes FDR Letter Requesting To Join US Military And Fight Nazis In WWII [PHOTO]
August 02 2012 4:08 PM
William Patrick Hitler reportedly wrote a letter to President Franklin D. Roosevelt requesting that he be allowed to enlist in the U.S. military to fight against the Nazis in WWII.
- Obama, Romney Face Off In Battleground States As Congress Stalls On Taxes
August 02 2012 11:31 AM
President Barack Obama and presumptive GOP candidate Mitt Romney shifted their election campaigns to some heavily contested states this week, where polls show Democrats have a narrow lead.
- U.S. Rule Highlights Catholic Tensions Over Contraception
August 02 2012 10:53 AM
Catholic Church officials, Republicans and other conservatives have blasted the inclusion of artificial birth control, which is against church doctrine, in the list of services that must be covered at no cost to the insured under President Obama's health care overhaul.
- Ann Romney's Horse Rafalca Dances At 2012 London Olympics
August 02 2012 9:08 AM
Rafalca, the 15-year-old Dutch warmblood mare co-owned by Anne Romney, U.S. presidential candidate Mitt Romney's wife, competed Thursday in the Individual Dressage at the 2012 London Olympics.
- Oil steady near $106, eyes on ECB after Fed letdown
August 02 2012 3:42 AM
Brent crude steadied near $106 a barrel on Thursday as investors looked to Europe for policy easing measures after the U.S. Federal Reserve dashed their hopes by deferring fresh monetary stimulus. Investors expecting immediate stimulus measures from the United States, the world's top oil consumer, were disappointed after the Fed held off from providing more help to the economy, although it kept the door open for further bond buying, also known as quantitative easing (QE).
- Obama Reported To OK Aid To Syrian Rebels
August 01 2012 9:33 PM
President Barack Obama has signed a secret order authorizing U.S. support for the Syrian rebels, U.S. sources familiar with the matter tell Reuters.
- Unconventional Economic Times Require An Unconventional Stimulus Tactic
August 01 2012 5:06 PM
Unconventional times require unconventional measures, and with the U.S. economy growing at a truly tepid rate, perhaps it's time to try an innovative fiscal stimulus proposal recommended by an economist about three years ago.
- Ted Cruz?s Victory In Texas Primary Shows Tea Party Alive, Kicking And A Possible Headache For Romney, Too
August 01 2012 12:11 PM
Ted Cruz's victory, a significant win for the Tea Party, shows the group is gaining momentum. What thta means is that even a President Romney shouldn't expect "get along" votes from the Republican right wing
- White House Numbers On GDP Growth Optimistic Even By White House Standards
July 31 2012 7:04 PM
The numbers released by the White House Friday on a Friday report of the future direction of the U.S. economy look optimistic when compared to economist predictions also included in the report.
- Boehner, Reid Reach Deal To Avoid US Government Shutdown
July 31 2012 3:43 PM
Democrats and Republicans in Congress reached a deal on Tuesday to fund federal government activities through next March and eliminate any threat of agency shutdowns that could upset voters ahead of the November 6 presidential and congressional elections.
- Is The U.S. Responsible For Colombia's Decline In Cocaine Production?
July 31 2012 3:24 PM
Cocaine use is down in the United States and production is down in Colombia, but is America really winning the war on drugs?
- Bucking NRA-Backed Law, Democrats Want To Ban Online Sales Of Ammunition
July 31 2012 11:27 AM
On the heels of a gruesome theater shooting in Colorado and with estimates that 48,000 Americans could be killed by guns in the next four years, two Democratic lawmakers have proposed a legislation to ban the online sales of ammunition in order to prevent potential mass murderers from stocking up.
- Russian Punk Band On Trial: Justice Or A Victim Of Putin's Crackdown?
July 31 2012 6:08 AM
"This is not only damaging us but the whole [Russian] judicial system. It's a disgrace," one of Pussy Riot's lawyers, Nikolai Polozov, commented at the start of the trial on Monday.
- 2016: Obama?s America
July 31 2012 5:27 AM
"2016: Obama's America" takes audiences on a journey into President Obama's roots, painting a disturbing portrait of what it says are his plans for America if elected for a second term.
- Same Plan, But Different Words: Obama and Romney On The Israel-Iran Issue
July 30 2012 10:15 AM
Romney and Obama essentially have identical stances on Iran, but the Republican candidate has tried to appear more hawkish when it comes to defending Israel.