- TV host Bill Maher on Tuesday said Mitt Romney's running mate Paul Ryan is a man with two ideas and that he intends to make Ryan a topic of discussion when he returns to the air later this week.
- A Pennsylvania judge has declined to suspend a Pennsylvania voter identification law that the White House has scrutinized for potentially disenfranchising voters.
- Chris Christie will deliver the keynote address in two weeks at the Republican National Convention. Many consider the primo speaking a launching point into national prominence. But Christie already garnered attention. So why did the Republican National Committee pick him? The answer may lie in the 2004 Democratic National Convention. And the results may not bode well for Mitt Romney.
First Lady Michelle Obama Teases Olympic Gold Medalist Gabby Douglas on 'Tonight' Show For Eating McDonald'sMichelle Obama teased U.S. Olympic gold medalist, Gabby Douglas during her appearance on the Jay leno Show, for eating fast food from McDonald's.
Conor Kennedy, Taylor Swift Dating; 'Red' Singer Buys $4.9 Million Cape Cod Beach Home Near Kennedy CompoundWhile Taylor Swift's career is in quite good shape, it seems as if her love life is not too far behind. Multiple news sources are reporting that the "Safe & Sound" singer is currently dating Conor Kennedy, grandson of Robert F. Kennedy.
Who Is Benjamin Lawsky? Little-Known Regulator Who Savaged Standard Chartered Stokes His - And Andrew Cuomo's - Political DreamsWhen Benjamin Lawsky formally accused U.K.'s Standard Chartered bank of money laundering and a cover-up linked to Iranian financial institutions, the head of New York's newly formed Department of Financial Services was hardly described in glowing terms in the press. He was termed a rogue, an egomaniac and worse by unnamed scorned colleagues in New York and Washington. But in describing his ambitions, what these reports failed to take into account was the depth of his and Governor Andrew C...
- A conservative group known as Jews and Christians Together believes presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney shouldn't make it to November, and it is urging Tampa delegates to dump him if they want a Republican to win.
- A few months after President Barack Obama announced his support for same-sex marriage, the Democratic Party seems prepared to fully support marriage equality in the election.
- Despite Mitt Romney's enduring lack of personal appeal, he and President Obama remain locked in a tight contest in several swing states, according to two new polls.
- An uncanny legal document that accused British bank Standard Chartered of penal law violations raises the question: If the bank were a person, what kind of hard time would it be facing?
- After its Curiosity rover successfully landed on Mars yesterday, NASA posted a video on Tuesday that offers viewers another chance to "relive the nail-biting terror and joy as NASA's Curiosity rover successfully lands on Mars the evening of Aug. 5." NASA's video of the Curiosity landing on Mars' Gale Crater is embedded at the bottom of this page.
- Two F-15 fighter jets intercepted two small planes that strayed into President Barack Obama's airspace during a campaign visit to Connecticut on Monday and the planes landed without incident, media reports said.
- Some Turkish politicians think Presisdent Barack Obama should have kept his hands free when he called Prime Minister Erdogan... but they had their own reasons to cause a stir.
- Kiir wears the ten-gallon Stetson so often in public that it has become his trademark.
- President Barack Obama would reportedly support legislation that could potentially offer huge tax breaks to Olympic athletes with hefty endorsement contracts
- Leave it to Fox News to achieve the impossible. On Sunday, the conservative spinsters found cause to lament the decline of American patriotism after Douglas' victory last week in which she became the first African American in history to win all-around gymnastics gold.