Articles by White House
- Bill Maher On Paul Ryan: A Guy With Two Ideas, "A Step Up From Sarah Palin" [VIDEO]
August 15 2012 11:13 AM
TV host Bill Maher on Tuesday said Mitt Romney's running mate Paul Ryan is a man with two ideas and that he intends to make Ryan a topic of discussion when he returns to the air later this week.
- Pennsylvania Voter ID Law Stands, And Romney May Benefit
August 15 2012 10:50 AM
A Pennsylvania judge has declined to suspend a Pennsylvania voter identification law that the White House has scrutinized for potentially disenfranchising voters.
- Chelsea Clinton Unveils Her Political Ambition
August 15 2012 6:19 AM
Chelsea Clinton, daughter of former President Bill Clinton and current Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, has finally announced her plans for running for elected office.
- A Podium As Bait-And-Switch: Chris Christie’s Moment As GOP Convention Keynote Speaker
August 14 2012 6:23 PM
Chris Christie will deliver the keynote address in two weeks at the Republican National Convention. Many consider the primo speaking a launching point into national prominence. But Christie already garnered attention. So why did the Republican National Committee pick him? The answer may lie in the 2004 Democratic National Convention. And the results may not bode well for Mitt Romney.
- First Lady Michelle Obama Teases Olympic Gold Medalist Gabby Douglas on 'Tonight' Show For Eating McDonald's
August 14 2012 12:47 PM
Michelle Obama teased U.S. Olympic gold medalist, Gabby Douglas during her appearance on the Jay leno Show, for eating fast food from McDonald's.
- Conor Kennedy, Taylor Swift Dating; 'Red' Singer Buys $4.9 Million Cape Cod Beach Home Near Kennedy Compound
August 14 2012 8:32 AM
While Taylor Swift's career is in quite good shape, it seems as if her love life is not too far behind. Multiple news sources are reporting that the "Safe & Sound" singer is currently dating Conor Kennedy, grandson of Robert F. Kennedy.
- With Ryan Pick, Romney Raises The Stakes
August 12 2012 10:38 AM
By nominating Ryan, Romney goes from an overly cautious focus on the economy to a broader statement about the size and role of government.
- Who Is Benjamin Lawsky? Little-Known Regulator Who Savaged Standard Chartered Stokes His - And Andrew Cuomo's - Political Dreams
August 11 2012 1:03 PM
When Benjamin Lawsky formally accused U.K.'s Standard Chartered bank of money laundering and a cover-up linked to Iranian financial institutions, the head of New York's newly formed Department of Financial Services was hardly described in glowing terms in the press. He was termed a rogue, an egomaniac and worse by unnamed scorned colleagues in New York and Washington. But in describing his ambitions, what these reports failed to take into account was the depth of his and Governor Andrew C...
- Ryan Joins Romney On 'America's Comeback Team'
August 11 2012 8:28 AM
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney introduced Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin as his running mate Saturday.
- 'DUMP ROMinee'? Conservative Group Says A Romney Nomination Is Obama’s Re-election
August 10 2012 1:16 PM
A conservative group known as Jews and Christians Together believes presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney shouldn't make it to November, and it is urging Tampa delegates to dump him if they want a Republican to win.
- Gay Marriage, Workplace Non-Discrimination To Be Endorsed In Democratic Platform
August 09 2012 8:56 PM
A few months after President Barack Obama announced his support for same-sex marriage, the Democratic Party seems prepared to fully support marriage equality in the election.
- Fed Heads, Breaking Taboo, Talk Politics
August 08 2012 11:50 AM
Two non-voting members of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors have broken a long-standing taboo against wading into politics by publicly talking about how election-year considerations affect the decisions of U.S. central bankers.
- Voters Still Don't Like Romney, But Economy Helps Him In Three Swing States
August 08 2012 11:07 AM
Despite Mitt Romney's enduring lack of personal appeal, he and President Obama remain locked in a tight contest in several swing states, according to two new polls.
- If Standard Chartered Were A Person, How Much Hard Time Would It Be Looking At?
August 08 2012 8:19 AM
An uncanny legal document that accused British bank Standard Chartered of penal law violations raises the question: If the bank were a person, what kind of hard time would it be facing?
- Watch The Landing Of NASA's Mars Rover Curiosity [VIDEO, PICTURES]
August 07 2012 11:34 AM
After its Curiosity rover successfully landed on Mars yesterday, NASA posted a video on Tuesday that offers viewers another chance to "relive the nail-biting terror and joy as NASA's Curiosity rover successfully lands on Mars the evening of Aug. 5." NASA's video of the Curiosity landing on Mars' Gale Crater is embedded at the bottom of this page.
- US Fighter Jets Intercept 2 Small Planes In Obama Airspace
August 07 2012 8:42 AM
Two F-15 fighter jets intercepted two small planes that strayed into President Barack Obama's airspace during a campaign visit to Connecticut on Monday and the planes landed without incident, media reports said.
- Foul Play, Or Fair Game? Turkish Politicians Blast Obama For Holding A Baseball Bat
August 07 2012 7:57 AM
Some Turkish politicians think Presisdent Barack Obama should have kept his hands free when he called Prime Minister Erdogan... but they had their own reasons to cause a stir.
- Why Does The President Of South Sudan Always Wear A Cowboy Hat?
August 07 2012 6:17 AM
Kiir wears the ten-gallon Stetson so often in public that it has become his trademark.
- Obama Supports Exempting Olympic Awards From Taxes, Agreeing With Republicans
August 06 2012 3:34 PM
President Barack Obama would reportedly support legislation that could potentially offer huge tax breaks to Olympic athletes with hefty endorsement contracts
- Gabby Douglas And Other Olympic Athletes Aren’t Patriotic Enough For Fox News (VIDEO)
August 06 2012 1:08 PM
Leave it to Fox News to achieve the impossible. On Sunday, the conservative spinsters found cause to lament the decline of American patriotism after Douglas' victory last week in which she became the first African American in history to win all-around gymnastics gold.