“True Blood” invaded New York Comic Con on Friday and didn’t hold anyfang back. Couldn’t attend the panel with Kristin Bauer van Straten and Lauren Bowles? We’ve got you covered with 10 (very) random facts that fans learned:
1. Lafayette’s catchword “Hookah” was actually added by actor Nelsan Ellis, not the writers.
2. Bauer van Straten loves her “Once Upon a Time” character, Maleficent. The actress hopes to go back and do more on the ABC show or join its spinoff series, “Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.”
3. Both Bauer van Straten and Bowles have appeared in episodes of “Seinfeld.” Bauer van Straten played a woman named Gillian in the 1996 episode “The Bizarro Jerry,” while Bowles played a waitress in multiple episodes from 1991 to 1998.
4. Bowles has a very famous older sister -- “Seinfeld” star Julia Louis-Dreyfus.
5. Bowles and Ryan Kwanten (who plays Jason in “True Blood”) go to yoga classes together.
6. Bauer van Straten revealed that her most emotional scenes were when they revealed how she was made into a vampire and in the episode when Eric released Pam.
7. Waiting five years to find out Pam’s origin story, Baur van Straten said that shooting it wasn’t as much fun as she had hoped. Hooked up to a bunch of tubes during the scene of her trying to kill herself, the actress explained that she had three guys below her pumping blood. She’d have to cry and then stop because the blood pumps weren’t working.
8. The scene with Eric naked (and potentially dying) on a mountaintop was actually shot at a parking garage.
9. Bauer van Straten would love the series to end with 10 episodes of orgies and cool clothes, but she knows it won’t be that easy.
10. Bauer van Straten’s 80-year-old mom loves the “True Blood” book series and calls them her whole sex life.
“True Blood” will return for its seventh and final season next summer.