Two Northern California men have entered not guilty pleas to misdemeanors for possessing a lost Apple iPhone found in a bar last year.

Attorneys for 22-year-old Brian Hogan and 28-year-old Sage Wallower entered the pleas on Thursday on behalf of the two men, who weren't in the San Mateo County courtroom, San Jose Mercury News reported.

Hogan has been charged with one count of misappropriation of lost property, while Wallower is charged with misappropriation of lost property and possession of stolen property.

The two could be sentenced to a year in jail if convicted.

The iPhone prototype was found in a Redwood City bar in March 2010 and prosecutors have said the defendants sold it to the Gizmodo.com, a gadget blog.

Last month, Prosecutor Morley Pitt said that charges won't be filed against Gizmodo.com.

Reports are that Apple has lost another prototype this year, this time for the iPhone 5. Police have helped agents from Apple search a private residents in order to recover the device they tracked to the home via GPS.

However, the device wasn't found and the people living at the home claimed they have never seen it.