It's Valentine's Day, and if you haven't yet bought the perfect gift for the special someone to express your love, don't fret - there's still time to time to make that last minute purchase. But what if you're broke or short of cash? What if you just have $10 or less with you? How will you celebrate Valentine's Day with your loved one and still make it a memorable occasion?
Though Valentine's Day is generally perceived as a day when people splurge money on buying gifts for loved ones, coupons & savings expert and Befrugal.com founder Jon Lal says, Valentine's Day is about showing how much you care. You don't need to break the bank to celebrate.
It's important to shop smart by finding a great deal. Valentine's Day is no exception, he said.
Lal's statement has been put to test. And, it has passed with flying colors. Wondering how do you spend Valentine's Day with your loved one in a memorable way with just $10 or less in your pocket?
Coupons & Cash Back site BeFrugal.com shows us how.
Free Valentine's Day Gift Ideas
Have a great last minute frugal Valentine's Day with these activity ideas:
1. Write a poem for your loved one then post it to Twitter or Facebook. Mention them in the tweet or tag them in the Facebook post.
2. Select songs and publish a free iTunes playlist of love songs.
3. Use the free app Songify to create a love song.
4. Film a YouTube video expressing your love. You can arrange the YouTube settings so it can be set to private and share with just that special somebody.
Craving for something more?
Then check out these great Valentines Day ideas for $10 or less.
1. Use all those great vacation pictures saved in your iPhone to create a calendar full of fun memories. Find a free template online and use this coupon for $10 Off $10+ Copy & Print Purchase at Office Depot (exp. 2/14/12)
2. Want to whisper sweet nothings? With eCost, get $13 Off Belkin RockStar 5-Port Multi-Headphone Splitter, Only $6.49 (exp 2/29/12) or $16 Off Sony PIIQ Bass Earbuds, Only $3.99 (exp. 2/29/12)
3. Connect with your cutie. With eCost, score $7 Off Iogear 4-Port Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Hub Only $2.99 (exp. 2/29/12)
4. Make sure your phone is charged up so you can say “I love you” with your iPhone. Get $15 Off Belkin Dual USB Power Adapter for iPod/iPhone, only $9.97 (exp. 2/29/12)
5. Blog about your love! With GoDaddy, Wordpress Hosting Starts at only $5/mo (Ongoing offer)
6. Cuddle up and watch a flick. Score DVD’s Under $5 at Barnes & Noble (exp. 12/30/12)
7. Take your honey with you wherever you go. With OnSale.com give a Digital Photo Keychain Frame for Only $9.99 (exp. 2/17/12)
8. If your sweetie likes to read, give them a gift that lasts all year: Get 70% Off Reader's Digest Magazine with Best Deal Magazines. One year is only $7.49 (exp. 2/19/12)
9. Dine out for way less! Most $25 Gift Certificates are only $2 with code SWEETIE at Restaurant.com (exp. 2/14/12). Pick out a restaurant, buy a gift certificate and treat your sweetheart to a date!
10. Let your cutie cuddle up with you each morning when they have coffee – even if you can’t be there in person. With York Photo, get a Custom Photo Mug for Only $4 with code A2012MUG4 (exp. 3/29/12)
11. Ladies, to get ready for your hot date, use this 20% off any one item coupon for Ulta (exp. 2/18/12)
12. Guys, show her you like her style! Take advantage of great fashions and awesome prices with this printable coupon for 20% off one item at H&M (http://r.befrugal.com/?c=1013820) (exp. 2/14/12)
13. Share a shake with your sweetie. Go out for dessert only to save the green. Use this 20% off coupon at Denny's from 4-10 pm and share a dessert like a milkshake or a pie (exp. 2/17/12)
14. Give your cutie a cookie: Quiznos is offering a free cookie (no purchase necessary, valid only on 2/14/12)
15. Get a sweet treat for free. At Boston Market enjoy a Free Dessert with Any Individual Meal with Drink (valid on 2/14/12 only)
16. Show your sweetheart how hot they are by serving them a spicy meal. At Qdoba Buy 1 Entree Get a 2nd Free Entree With a Kiss (valid only on 2/14/12)
How are you planning to spend time with the special someone on Valentine's Day? Leave your comments below.