Veterans Day is all about paying tribute to U.S. military personnel. But it’s not just citizens looking to pay their respects on the annually observed holiday, restaurants are also showing their support for those in the Armed Forces.
On Friday, Nov. 11, dozens of restaurants and businesses nationwide will be giving away free or heavily discounted meals and other items to veterans and active duty military members. Check out the full list of 2016 free food deals below. Keep in mind, those eligible are required to present military IDs to participate unless otherwise noted.
- Ruby Tuesday - Enjoy one free appetizer worth up to $10 in value. Locations in Guam, Hawaii, Manhattan, airports and those outside of the United States are not participating.
- Boston Market - Purchasing one individual meal and drink will get you one free individual meal. Military personal and their families can also get one free cookie or brownie with any purchase. No ID is required.
- Red Robin - Get a Red’s Tavern Double Burger complete with house-made secret sauce and Bottomless Steak Fries on the house. This offer is for dine-in customers and is only available at participating locations. The free items do not count towards Red Robin Royalty.
- Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse - Get 50 percent off your meal and 10 percent off three additional guests’ meals when you dine at any U.S. or Puerto Rico locations. Beverage, dessert, tax and gratuity are not included in this offer.
- Fazoli’s - Build your own pasta bowl, including noodles, sauce and toppings, for free. No purchase is necessary.
- Friendly’s - Start your day off right with a free Big-Two-Do breakfast. The meal comes with two slices of French toast, pancakes or toast, two pieces of bacon or sausage links, and two made-to-order eggs. If you prefer to dine during lunch or dinner hours, get a free All-American Burger with fries and a drink.
- Outback Steakhouse - Get a free Blooming’ Onion and beverage at participating restaurants. Outback Steakhouse is also offering active and retired military members and their families 15 percent off their check from Nov. 12-Dec. 31.
- Hooters - Get a free entree at any Hooters location in the U.S. The restaurant’s famous 10-piece wings, a Hooters Burger and more menu items are included in this offer. Read the full menu here.
- Red Lobster - Customers have lots of freebies options this year at Red lobster. Those eligible for the offer can get a free appetizer, such as Parrot Isle Jumbo Coconut Shrimp, or dessert, such as their Warm Chocolate Lava Cake. See the full list of menu items available here.
- Gordon Biersch - Make sure to stop in for your free appetizer. Find a location nearest to you here.
- California Pizza Kitchen - Enjoy a complimentary entrée from the restaurant’s special Veterans Day menu. Items available include pizzas, salad and pastas, though meal choices may vary by location. Guam, the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas, airports, stadiums, and university locations are not participating. The offer is for dine-in customers only and there are no substitutions.
- Chicken Salad Chick - Get a free Original Chick meal, which includes a chicken salad scoop or sandwich, a side dish, pickle, cookie and drink.
- Glory Days Grill - Grab a free appetizer or regular order of traditional or boneless wings. Offer may vary by location.
- Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery - Start your meal off right with a free appetizer. No additional purchase is necessary.
- Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom - Don’t forget to ask for your free appetizer! Find a location near you here.
If you’re looking for a freebie other than food on Veteran’s Day The World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta is offering a big ticket discount for Armed Forces member’s loved ones. While active duty and veterans get free admission year-round, now through Nov. 13 they can purchase up to four half-price general admission tickets to have their friends and family join them at the attraction. Tickets must be purchased at the attraction’s window.