UPDATE 12:46 p.m.: Boston Police Department and government officials will be holding a second press conference with further updates "within the hour."

You can watch the second Boston Police Department press conference here.

At the first press conference, Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick thanked residents of the greater Boston area for their cooperation regarding the area's "stay indoors" policy. Patrick stressed that the lockdown will remain in affect for the time being. “Keep the doors locked, do not open the door unless there is a uniformed, identified law enforcement officer requesting to come inside," he said.

Boston Mayor Thomas Menino told residents that the city will overcome the Boston Marathon bombings. “We’re gonna get through this. We’re going to be a stronger city as we move forward."

“We are not a city that lets terrorists win," he added.

Massachusetts State Police Colonel Timothy Alben explained that the manhunt for suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is ongoing. “There has been no apprehension at this point," he said, emphasizing that police officers were searching door-to-door for any trace of Tsarnaev. “We have several new leads that just developed over the next few minutes," he added.

Watertown Police Chief Edward Deveau thanked local residents for their cooperation, but stressed that the manhunt was far from over. “You’ve done great, you’ve done everything we’ve asked, but we need more time," he said.

The Boston Police Department will be holding a press conference Friday afternoon to update the public on the status of their ongoing manhunt for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

You can watch the press conference here. CNN reported Friday afternoon around 12:30 p.m. EST the conference will start within minutes.

Boston Police have been searching for Tsarnaev, a 19-year-old who grew up in Cambridge, ever since he escaped the Friday morning shootout that left his brother Tamerlan dead. After shooting and killing an MIT security officer, the Tsarnaevs reportedly hijacked a Mercedes SVU at gunpoint, fleeing toward Watertown, Mass.

During the chase, the brothers allegedly hurled explosive devices at the pursuing officers, before stopping their vehicle and engaging in the deadly shootout. At one point Tamerlan is believed to have thrown a bomb that resembled a “pressure cooker” toward police. Eventually, police were able to subdue the elder Tsarnaev brother, who was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital with multiple gunshot wounds. Tamerlan was pronounced dead around 1:35 a.m.

Meanwhile, Dzhokhar reportedly jumped back in the Mercedes and fled the scene, prompting a massive manhunt of the greater Boston area. Local police have locked down Boston and several adjacent towns, suspending all public transportation and Amtrack services until further notice.

Authorities released an all-points bulletin for a Honda CRV around 10 p.m., believing that Dzhokhar may have hijacked the vehicle in a bid to reach New York. However, the Boston Globe reports that the vehicle was found abandoned by police in Cambridge. Police believe that the suspect abandoned the car and fled on foot.