Whitney Houston's funeral is scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 18, in her hometown of Newark, N.J. Fans gathered outside the church to set up a memorial tribute to the beloved singer. Celebrity attendees including Tyler Perry, Kevin Costner, Clive Davis and Dionne Warwick are among those scheduled to speak. Ray J and sister Brandy have arrived along with Jesse Jackson and Aretha Franklin was scheduled to attend but cannot due to illness.
The funeral services are scheduled to begin at 12:00 p.m. EST/9:00 a.m. PST on Saturday at New Hope Baptist Church in Newark. Click here to find out which channel will offer live coverage of the funeral and where you can watch a live stream online.
Fans took to Twitter on Saturday to express their condolences and offer a final goodbye to legendary Whitney Houston. The messages were beautiful reminders of the impact Houston had on so very many lives.
- How do you say goodbye to Whitney? I still can't believe she is gone- she had a voice of a angel that touched everyone
- God gave her that voice and she graciously shared that voice with us! That's a gift!
- Watching Whitney Houston's ceremony#whitneyCNN, such an influence on my childhood and youth, forget the mistakes, God Rest your Soul Honey
- I won't miss a minute of this funeral..#truefan#whitneycnn
- At Times Square, watching people watch Whitney Houston's Funeral.
- Whitney proved that you can make amazing music, & make everyone sing without being derogatory.
- Whitney Houston will be terribly missed! She was a gift to the world from God! Gone but never forgotten! Lord, We Look To You!
- I will never 4get this day. Whitney..U lived, u learned & we listened. Preparing 4 Whitney's services
- I'll miss her because she is monumental and her talent was a true gift to the world. My prayers go out to her family & friends.
- Watching the#whitneyhouston funeral on@cnnits nice to see such a respectful program so far, rest in peace Whitney
- All those beautiful voices in one place is just amazing will have you crying
- So hard to believe she is gone. A beautiful woman. God bless her family and comfort them now.
- It hadn't really hit me till now but I'm really feeling the loss of such a great artist. R.I.P. Whitney.
- Sad day today laying to rest a music legend..Whitney may be gone but her legacy will never be forgotten
- Never saw her struggle but saw her strength. I thank God for allowing us to borrow her. She was such an amazing strong woman!
- Why is it the impact of someone's life, not truly felt until their death. Whitney, you were my icon. I will always love you.
- The greatest never duplicated often imitated but never ever captured. For bless. Never more.
- A beautiful angel called home by God. May her legacy live forever. We will always love you Whitney.
Whitney Houston's death was a shock to the music world. The singer was found dead in the bathtub of her Beverly Hilton Hotel room on Feb. 11. A cause of death has not yet been determined. Houston leaves behind a daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown.