It's becoming more apparent that Mitt Romney's wife, Ann Romney is becoming an effective political weapon. Referred to Romney as his sweetheart, the U.S. is only just starting to take notice to how powerful Ann Romney might be in the upcoming election. A poll released by Quinnipiac University revealed that 64 percent of registered voters don't know enough about her to form an opinion, reports the Associated Press. The same poll found that 25 percent view her favorably, while 9 percent do not.
Ann Romney is clearly an asset to her husband's campaign, said Democratic strategist Karen Finney to the Associated Press. But while she may help voters to take a look, ultimately Mitt Romney has to seal the deal...not even her excellent campaign skills can make up for whatever concerns voters may have about whether or not he'd be a good president.
Who is Ann Romney, Mitt Romney's sweetheart wife?
- Ann Romney is 63-years-old.
- Ann and Mitt Romney have been married for 43 years, they married in 1969.
- The couple first met at a Michigan elementary school.
- Ann and Mitt Romney began dating in high school.
- Ann attended Brigham Young University. When she married Mitt and gave birth to her first son she began taking night classes at Harvard.
- Ann was a stay at home mom for five boys -Tagg,42, Matt,41, Josh,37, Ben,34, and Craig,31.
- Ann is a grandmother known as Mamie, reports the Associated Press. Her and Mitt have 16 grandchildren.
- Alongside Donald Trump she headlined a New York City birthday fundraiser this week. The fundraiser brought in over half a million dollars for Mitt Romney's campaign.
- Diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1998, Ann Romney also beat breast cancer in 2007.
- After being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis Ann has worked to raise awareness of the disease as a board member of the New England Chapter of the MS Society. She was also awarded the Society's Inspiration Award.
- Ann Romney has over 38,000 Twitter followers and only 10 tweets.
- Since a child living in Michigan Ann has been riding horses. By riding she hopes to regain muscle tone, reports USA Today.
- Ann Romney's father, Edward Davies immigrated to America with his parents from Caerau, a village near Maesteg, south Wales.
- Ann joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in 1966 after Mitt embarked on a two-and-a-half year Mormon mission to France, reports The Week.
- Ann Romney served as the Governor's Liaison to the White House Office of Faith-Based & Community Initiatives. She also served as initiator, co-chair and member of the Faith & Action Comte, a coalition that provides funding to urban church programs designed to serve at-risk youths.