Prince Harry might have a new love. The 32-year-old is rumored to be dating actress Meghan Markle. The Sunday Express claims that the two have recently started seeing each other, and they’re rather smitten already. Of course, Prince Harry fans want to know a little more about the woman who may have stolen the heart of the U.K.’s most eligible bachelor.
1. American — Prince Harry has not fallen for a fellow Brit. The “Suits” actress is from Los Angeles, California. Her mother, a clinical therapist, is African American while her father, a lighting director on TV shows, has Dutch and Irish ancestry.
2. Entrepreneur — Though Markle is best known for her work as an actress, she has a few other jobs. She launched her own lifestyle website, The Tig. She’s also a director, writer and fashion designer. She has a new capsule collection launching for Reitmans this week.
3. Philanthropy — Like her royal beau, Markle often does charity work. She is an advocate for UN Women, and she is a global ambassador for World Vision’s clean water campaign.
4. She Cooks —Markle is supposedly impressing Harry with her kitchen skills. She has bragged about her recipes before. “There is nothing as delicious (or as impressive) as a perfectly roasted chicken,” she told Good Housekeeping earlier this year. “If you have an Ina Garten–level roasted-chicken recipe, it’s a game changer. I bring that to dinner parties and make a lot of friends.”
5. Education — It seems Markle is pretty brainy too. She graduated from Northwestern University in 2003 with degrees in theater and international relations.
6. Canada-Based — The 35-year-old actress has been playing Rachel Zane on “Suits” for six seasons. The USA drama films in Toronto, so that means Markle spends a good portion of her year in the Canadian city. It looks like Prince Harry has to be willing to work on a long distance relationship.
7. Divorced — Markle married film producer Trevor Engelson in 2011. They’d been dating since 2004, but the two quietly separated in 2013.
If Markle and Prince Harry really are serious, don’t expect the Brit to confirm the relationship any time soon. He admitted to the Telegraph earlier this year that he likes to keep his romances quiet for as long as he can. “If or when I do find a girlfriend, I will do my utmost... to ensure that me and her can get to the point where we’re actually comfortable with each other before the massive invasion that is inevitably going to happen into her privacy,” he said in May.