When the name Facebook is mentioned, one can't help but to think of Mark Zuckerberg, but you might want to commit the name Sheryl Sandberg to memory. Sandberg is the company's chief operating officer and the highest-paid employee at the social networking site, raking in a jaw-dropping $30.87 million last year.
Sandberg could be one of the wealthiest self-made women in the world once Facebook goes public.
According to Mashable, Sandberg got $295,833 in salary plus a bonus of $85,133 and stock awards worth $30,491,613.
But who is Sheryl Sandberg? Here are some interesting facts about her, as reported by Yahoo and various other news sources:
1. She is 42 years old.
2. She was born in Washington D.C.
3. Sandberg taught aerobics while in high school.
4. She enrolled at Harvard College in 1987 and graduated in 1991 with a bachelor of arts in Economics.
5. While at Harvard, she met then professor Larry Summers who became her mentor. Summers reportedly recruited her to be his research assistant at the World Bank.
6. She enrolled at Harvard Business School in 1993 and earned an M.B.A in 1995 with highest distinction.
7. She has worked as a management consultant. She also served as Chief of Staff to then U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Larry Summers under President Bill Clinton.
8. She married David Goldberg in 2004 at the age of 34.
9. She worked at Google.