Aaron Hernandez
New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez was arrested and led away from his home in handcuffs on Wednesday in connection with the Odin Lloyd homicide. Wikipedia Commons

According to Massachusetts police documents, a man connected to the Aaron Hernandez murder case said the former New England Patriots tight end admitted firing the fatal shots the night Odin Lloyd was killed.

While speaking with investigators, reports Boston.com, Carlos Ortiz, 27, said Ernest Wallace, 41, told him that Hernandez, 23, admitted to shooting Odin Lloyd, a semi-pro football player whose body turned up in an industrial park near Hernandez's North Attleboro home.

Ortiz was with Hernandez when they picked up Lloyd the night he was killed. He is also from Hernandez's hometown of Bristol, Conn.

The documents -- which were filed in Miramar, Fla., in order to let that city's police department search the Wallace home -- also state that police discovered a vehicle while searching Bristol. The vehicle was wanted in connection with a double homicide from July 2012 and had been rented in Hernandez's name.

The eight search warrants in the case unsealed on Tuesday also state that Hernandez was "argumentative" with officers when they first visited his home investigating Lloyd's death.

Fox News reports that Hernandez asked "what's with all the questions?" and slammed the door of his home when he was informed police were investigating a death.

"Mr. Hernandez slammed the door and relocked it behind him," states the document. "Mr. Hernandez did not ask officers whose death was being investigated. Mr. Hernandez's demeanor did not indicate any concern for the death of any person."

Hernandez then returned to the door and agreed to be questioned at the police station, say the documents.

Officers searched numerous locations and items associated with the player as they investigated his connection to the death of Lloyd. These included his home, phone and even his team locker. A rifle and ammunition were also taken from the football player's home.

Hernandez pleaded not guilty in Lloyd's killing and is being held without bail. Ortiz faces a gun charge and will remain in jail until his hearing on Aug. 14. At that time it will be determined if he is considered a danger to the community.

Wallace pleaded not guilty on Monday to a charge of accessory to murder in relation to the case. He will be held without bond until his next scheduled hearing on July 22.