Kentucky-EKU Brawl
Members of the University of Kentucky football team (not pictured) were involved in a brawl last January with a member of Eastern Kentucky University's football team. Reuters/Mark Zerof-USA Today Sports

Newly released videos depict the events that preceded a Jan. 25 brawl between University of Kentucky and Eastern Kentucky University football players at Jerzees Cocktail Lounge in Richmond, Kentucky, as well as a fight later that night at an EKU dorm. None of the individuals involved in either confrontation will face prosecution, according to the Lexington Herald-Leader.

Eastern Kentucky offensive lineman Colton Scurry threw the initial punch in a fight that also involved Kentucky football players Drew Barker, Tymere Dubose and Dorian Baker, police determined after reviewing footage of the bar brawl. It’s unclear what led Scurry to throw the punch, though police said he did so “without physical provocation.”

Scurry then exchanged words with Baker, who told police he and the EKU student had words before coming to blows. Dubose intervened and “struck Scurry several times.” Scurry told police he was eventually “grabbed by three or four subjects,” who proceeded to beat him until he was unconscious. A video of the incident was made public through the Herald-Ledger’s open records request.

Scurry was taken to a hospital and treated for injuries. His father said he suffered several facial fractures, the Louisville Courier-Journal reported in January.

Barker, Dubose and Baker arrived at EKU’s Telford Hall later that night. Footage released by the school’s police force showed Eastern Kentucky football player Patrick Graffree remove his sweatshirt and walk toward Barker, who he then punched in the head. Barker fell to the ground, though it’s unclear if he suffered an injury. Graffree started his college football career at Kentucky before he transferred to EKU, TMZ Sports notes.

Richmond police are investigating allegations that Jerzees served underage customers, a county attorney said. A Madison County grand jury decided last week not to indict any of the players involved in the initial brawl, and Graffree has not been charged for his attack on Barker.