Kim Jong Nam suspect
Vietnamese national Doan Thi Huong (2R, face hidden) is escorted by Malaysian police after a court appearance with Indonesian national Siti Aisyah (not pictured) at the Sepang Magistrate court for their alleged role in the assassination of Kim Jong-Nam, the half-brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, May 30, 2017. Getty Images

One among the two women suspected in poisoning and killing estranged Kim Jong Nam, half-brother of the North Korean supremo Kim Jong Un, wrote a letter to her parents from jail asking them to pray for her. She also assured them that she was in good health and the embassy officials and her lawyers often come to visit her, reports said Tuesday.

Siti Aisyah, 25, an Indonesian mother who worked in Malaysia before being accused of killing Kim Jong Nam, told her parents not to worry about her, according to Yusron Ambary, counselor of the Indonesian embassy.

"I am in good health. Just pray. Don't think about me too much. Keep healthy and pray at night. I have a lot of people helping me. The embassy officials always come to see me, my lawyers also. Don't worry. Pray for me so that the case will be over soon and I can go back home. Send my love to my son Rio," Ambary read from the letter to the media outside the courtroom.

Read: Kim Jong Nam Death Latest: North Korea's Kim Jong Un Ordered Assassination Of Brother

Suspected of killing Kim Jong Nam, Siti Aishah, 25, from Indonesia and Doan Thi Huong, 28, from Vietnam were taken to the Malaysian high court Tuesday. Their trial was transferred to the high court from the lower court since it had no jurisdiction to hear a murder case. One of their defense lawyers complained to the high court that he had not received all the documents he had requested for.

Kim Jong Nam was murdered at Kuala Lumpur airport on February 13 when Aishah and Thi Houng smeared his face with VX nerve agent, a deadly chemical described by the U.S. as a weapon of mass destruction. The victim died shortly after. Both the women were immediately taken into custody and have been behind the bars since then. However, the women pleaded not guilty and maintained that they were tricked into thinking that they were playing a harmless prank for a hidden-camera show.

If convicted, both of them would face death penalty. Police had said that four North Korean suspects had fled Malaysia on the day of the attack. This led the defense lawyers to think that the women might have been framed because the ones, who had knowledge about the case, left the country soon after the attack.

Siti's lawyer, Gooi Soon Seng, earlier had complained to the court that despite several requests, prosecutors and police have failed to provide them with proper evidence against the suspects. Gooi also explained that if material evidence is not disclosed to the defense at the earliest, it could weaken the case.

"At the end of the day, what we want is justice, not play hide-and-seek," Gooi said. "The concept of a fair trial demands that all material documents should be supplied to the defense at the earliest opportunity," he said.

Read: Malaysia Airport: After MH370 And Kim Jong Nam's Death, What's Happening In Kuala Lumpur's Travel Hub?

The women were charged on March 1. However, the Sepang district magistrate court refused to hear the case and declined requests twice before transferring it to a higher court citing the pending collection of important documents.

There have been speculations regarding Kim Jong Nam's death that Pyongyang had planned the entire thing on a long-exiled member of its ruling elite. Malaysia never directly blamed North Korea for doing so and North Korea has also continuously denied the speculations and never acknowledged Kim Jong Nam as a member of their ruling family, reports said.