Large crowds continued to gather for another round of demonstrations in Baltimore Friday night, many in celebration of the announcement from Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby that six police officers would be charged in the death of Freddie Gray, who died while in police custody. Many demonstrations were planned for Friday and Saturday even before Mosby’s announcement, reported the Baltmore Sun.

The city’s curfew of 10 p.m. is still in effect, despite three days of peaceful demonstrations since the protests became violent Monday night.

On North Avenue, more than 1,000 people were gathered Friday evening, marching peacefully, both in celebration of the indictment of the police officers and in protest of ongoing injustice. But around the city, police barricades were still set up in an effort to keep things orderly.

In a press conference Friday night, the Baltimore Police Department announced that there had been a 37 curfew arrests during the week, but that the majority of protesters continued to march peacefully through the city. The largest group was gathered at the intersection of Pennsylvania and North avenues.

But not everybody was celebrating the charges against the Baltimore police officers.

“Let me begin by stating how appalled and frustrated we are at this morning’s events ... We are disappointed in the apparent rush to judgment given the fact that the investigation into this matter has not been concluded,” said police union president Gene Ryan in a statement on Friday. “Our officers, like every other American, are entitled to due process.”

The Baltimore City Fraternal Order of Police, a police union, had also established a GoFundMe crowdfunding page to raise money in support of the indicted officers, but, according to this tweet, their acount was suspended without explanation. The group was looking for an alternate source to raise funds.

As protests continued Friday evening, the family of Freddie Gray urged protesters to remain peaceful.

"Let us have peace in the pursuit of justice," Richard Shipley, Freddie Gray’s stepfather, said during brief press comments Friday evening at the Reginald F. Lewis Museum of Maryland African American History & Culture in downtown Baltimore.

"Whoever comes to our city -- a city that we love, a city that we live in -- come in peace. If you are not coming in peace, please don't come at all," said Shipley. "Because this city needs to get back to work. The last thing that Freddie would want is to see the hard-working people of Baltimore lose their jobs and businesses because of this."