The Saints defeated the Rams in Week 9. Wesley Hitt/Getty Images

After earning a tight win in the divisional playoff game, the New Orleans Saints (14-3) on Sunday host the Los Angeles Rams (14-3) at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in the NFC Championship. The Saints enter the game as the favorite, while the Rams are coming off a solid victory.

The Saints edged the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday, 20-14, after Eagles wide receiver Alshon Jeffery dropped a crucial pass in the fourth quarter. The Rams relied on an effective running game to outlast the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday, 30-22.

According to ESPN's Football Power Index's matchup predictor, the Saints have a 63.2 percent chance of winning, while the Rams have a 36.8 percent chance. Oddsmakers list the Saints as the 3-point favorite, with the over/under at 56.5 points.

The Rams and Saints met in Week 9 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. The Rams overcame a 35-14 deficit to tie the game in the fourth quarter, 35-35. But the Saints prevailed by scoring 10 unanswered points, 45-35.

Sunday's winner will advance to the Super Bowl in Atlanta to face the winner of the AFC Championship, which features the Kansas City Chiefs and New England Patriots.

Experts are somewhat split on the Rams-Saints matchup.


Tim Cowlishaw, Dallas Morning News: Saints

Mike Florio, Pro Football Talk: Saints

Nate Davis, USA Today: Saints

Benjamin Hoffman, New York Times: Rams

Max Kellerman, ESPN: Rams

Stephen A. Smith, ESPN: Saints

Anthony Riccobono, International Business Times: Saints

Bobby Ilich, International Business Times: Rams