A 2-year-old boy from South Carolina died after his neck got stuck in the power window of a Ford F-350, Oconee County Coroner Karl Addis said. The incident took place a day before Thanksgiving.

The child's father was working on grading a mobile home site on Anderson Road in Seneca. According to the coroner, the father was preparing to leave the job site and he and his son returned to their truck. The father started the truck to get the heat started, and exited the vehicle to gather some of his remaining tools. When he returned, he discovered his "child lifeless with his neck compressed by the window and window frame of the rear, driver-side door," Addis said.

The truck had power windows that are operated with "rocker type" switches, according to Addis.

The toddler was taken to the emergency department at Oconee Memorial Hospital, where he was declared dead. The father sought help at a CVS pharmacy before the boy was transported to the hospital.

An autopsy was conducted Friday stating the cause of death was asphyxiation due to external neck compression. The manner of death was ruled accidental.

The toddler was identified as McCarson Allen Porter of Clinton.

The incident was investigated by the Oconee County Sheriff's Office and Oconee County Coroner's Office, with assistance from Seneca Police Department and SLED Special Victims Unit.

A GoFundMe page was set up by the niece of the child's mother, and cousin of 2-year-old McCarson, to raise money for the family.

"Family and friends of sweet McCarson. He has passed away in a tragic accident. He was sitting in the back seat of a car and managed to roll the window down and get his head stuck in the window which then took his little life. McCarson was 2 years old. I am starting this gofundme to help with funeral expenses and alleviate financial pain. Any amount would be appreciated. We ask for prayers and love for the family during this difficult time. Funeral arrangements are pending at this time," the description of the campaign page reads.