Hugo Santillán isn't one of boxing's biggest names, but the 23-year-old Argentinian fighter had to fight to make ends meet. He braved the ring with his heart and reckless abandon; in the end, it ultimately ended his life. 

Following the death of Maxim Dadashev on Tuesday, Santillán is the second casualty of boxing, a brutal sport loved by many all over the world. 

The Argentinian pugilist's nose started to bleed profusely on the 4th round of his match against Eduardo Abreu on Saturday in Buenos Aires, Argentina, but he continued to press on.  

After 10 rounds, the young Santillán suddenly collapsed and was rushed to the San Felipe Hospital. A video has been making its rounds online showing the fight's last few minutes leading to the announcement of the winner. It shows a battered Santillan collapsing in his corner. 

"Dinamita," as fondly called by his fans suffered a brain clot, and doctors rushed to remove the bleeding with a surgical operation. 

After the procedure, the boxer then experienced a pair of cardiorespiratory arrests, which led to his deteriorating condition. He never woke up from his coma. 

Dr. Graciela Olocco, of the Hospital Agudos San Felipe, said that Santillán "had successive kidney failures." She added that the 23-year-old boxer had "swelling of his brain, and he never recovered consciousness."  

The boxer fought for his life for five days but ultimately expired due to the circumstances of his condition. Santillan was a native of Ceres in Santa Fe, Argentina and was known for his aggressiveness boxing style. 

World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaimán Saldívar sent his deepest condolences with a tweet. On Tuesday, 28-year-old Russian Maxim Dadashev died with similar injuries and has prompted a worldwide protest on the issue of boxing's potential dangers. 

Lou DiBella, a prominent boxing promoter, said that the industry needs to "look in the mirror," following this week's deaths. 

Subriel Matías, Dadashev's last opponent recently opened up about the ordeal. He said that "No one is prepared to die while looking for dreams and goals." He added that fighters go to fight "thinking about the well-being," of their families. 

After the fight, renowned sportswriter Matthew Aguilar criticized the commission and officials of the Maryland bout of their unpreparedness. He said that they made an injured Dadashev to "walk out of the ring himself & walk down a corridor before placing on a stretcher."

Before completely passing out, the Russian boxer repeatedly vomited on his way to the locker room. He was taken to a hospital to undergo emergency brain surgery but never recovered. The passing of Santillán and Dadashev raises the number of boxing-related deaths to 14  this decade alone.