The World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) has revealed that Tyson Fury is set to appear on the upcoming Friday Night SmackDown.

The Gypsy King's WWE journey kickstarted at SmackDown Live's debut episode on FOX. It was one hell of an episode for the WWE fans as The Rock made a rare appearance on the show. Brock Lesnar was attacked by Cain Velasquez after the former thrashed Kofi Kingston to win the WWE title.

Apart from that, the show also witnessed a multi-man tag team match that put Braun Strowman, The Miz, and Heavy Machinery against AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Randy Orton, and Robert Roode. Strawman also got involved in a brawl with Furry during the same match before the fight was prevented by security personnel.

Fury then made his WWE debut at the Crown Jewel event, where he tasted instant success by defeating The Monster Among Men, Strowman, through countout.

According to a report from WWE Backstage, the Gypsy King is scheduled to appear in this week's SmackDown Live from his hometown of Manchester, United Kingdom. The fight will be held at Manchester Arena. With Fury in the building, Strowman shouldn’t be far behind as the two fighters have unfinished business.

Tyson Fury (R) beat Otto Wallin during in their heavyweight bout in Las Vegas
Tyson Fury (R) beat Otto Wallin during in their heavyweight bout in Las Vegas GETTY IMAGES NORTH AMERICA / David Becker

According to another report, WWE denied claims that some of its top wrestlers were held "hostage" by Saudi Arabia authorities due to an issue over a reported $503 million bill.

While some of the biggest names in the WWE such as Fury, Vince McMahon and Hulk Hogan managed to charter private jets to fly them home, around 200 fighters and a large crew were held in Saudi Arabia as they tried to board a flight from the Middle East country.

It is believed that that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, son of Saudi ruler Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, was forced to get directly interfere in the confrontation. Reportedly, the crown prince ordered the pilot of the WWE stars' plane to wait for nearly six hours until the row was resolved.

However, the WWE insisted that the delay was not due to an unpaid bill but because of a mechanical issue.