1. Slimmer Body: First, the iPhone 5 should have a slimmer body than the iPhone 4.
2. Bigger Screen: A bigger screen (four-inch or larger) would be amazing, but the rumors so far don't look like it's going to happen.
3. Better Antenna: If Apple doesn't fix the antenna problem that causes so many dropped calls, the iPhone users could defect to Samsung's Galaxy S2.
4. Lightweight or More Durable: The iPhone 5 could be made with a new lightweight or more durable case. Some reports say the iPhone 5 will come with aluminum back instead of glass back as seen on iPhone 4. Speaking of cases, Case-Mate will be designing new ones for the iPhone 5. They showed some of the new designs on their Web site, but pulled them down. This has only lead to more rumors that the iPhone 5 will really just be the iPhone 4S.
5. LED Flash and More Powerful Camera: An LED flash feature could help reduce red-eye on the rear facing camera. Perhaps an 8-megapixel camera will find its way on the iPhone 5 as rumors have insisted. That would surely make Sony-Ericsson sit up and take notice.
6. More Powerful Processor: Increasing the speed on iPhone's processor seems like an obvious choice, but the speeds are getting so fast on new smartphones, it probably won't be a huge increase. Can we expect a 1.2 Ghz dual-core processor?
7. More Powerful RAM: What's the point in having a more powerful processor if we can't have a better RAM to match? How about 1GB?
8. Bigger Home Button: The iPad users would love to see a bigger home button because they are used to this already. Some sites claim the physical home button will be replaced by a touch-sensitive ovaloid area which will take up the middle half of the bottom border.
9. Killer Voice Recognition Feature: A killer voice recognition feature can't be ruled out in the iPhone 5. If the Let's talk iPhone press invite from Apple is any indication, new voice recognition feature may be on its way. Last year, Apple acquired voice-recognition application startup Siri and soon thereafter it added some voice-to-text features to iOS 4, such as the ability to verbally command an iPhone to call Dad or play more songs like this. In the iPhone 5, will voice command feature be linked to location features, personal recommendations and personal reminders?
10. Lower Price: Lastly, we could hope for lower prices!
Tell us in the comments section if we nailed all 10 of your top choices. Also, you should include the wackiest rumor you've heard so far.
Also Read: Kindle Fire: The Biggest Threat to iPad?