An extensive list of specs, claimed to be those of BlackBerry Ltd’s (NASDAQ:BBRY) upcoming BlackBerry Passport flagship smartphone, leaked on Friday, revealing details including the device’s processor, camera, internal storage, display and RAM.
The BlackBerry Passport, which is expected to be released in September, will be the first high-end smartphone produced during CEO John Chen's tenure, and is expected to help the struggling Canadian company regain a foothold in the highly competitive smartphone market. According to the company, the device has already ignited a lot of consumer interest, while its square form is considered to be BlackBerry’s response to “the need for innovation.”
According to the newly leaked list of specs, the BlackBerry Passport will feature a 4.5-inch screen with a resolution of 1440x1440 pixels (453ppi), which will be protected by Gorilla Glass 3. The device will be powered by quad-core 2.2GHz Snapdragon 800 with the Adreno 330 450MHz GPU.
The BlackBerry Passport is expected to come with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of native storage, while there will also be a microSD card slot that is expandable up to 64GB. Other key features of the device include a 13 megapixel rear camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and a 3450mAh battery.
BlackBerry said last month that BlackBerry Passport’s physical keyboard will be responsive to touch.
“With rows of touch-sensitive physical keys, BlackBerry Passport combines the efficiency of tactile typing with touchscreen-like navigation to deliver on that productivity promise,” the company said.
With the Passport’s touch-enabled keyboard, the users will be able to navigate web pages, apps and e-mail by lightly brushing their fingers over the keys, which will help with things like scrolling and cursor placement.
Here are some of the key specs mentioned on the list, provided by CrackBerry.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 with 2.2GHz Quad-Core CPUs (MSM8974-AA)
- Adreno 330, 450MHz GPU
- 3GB LPDDR3 800MHz RAM
- 32GB flash
- Hot-swappable MicroSD slot (up to 64GB)
- 4.5-inch LCD screen, 1440x1440 resolution, 1:1 aspect ratio
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- In-cell touch panel
- 24-bit color depth
- 13MP Auto-Focus rear camera with OIS technology, Back Side Illumination, LED Flash, 1080p HD video recording at 60fps, 5x digital zoom, image stabilization
- 2MP Fixed-Focus, Image and video stabilization, 3x digital zoom, 720p HD video recording
- 3450mAH integrated non-removable battery
- 19 hours usage with 8 hours standby
- Weight (w/battery) 194.4g
- 128x90.3x9.3mm (9.6mm at camera location)
For more details about the device’s ports, connectivity and network capabilities, click here.