After Miguel Cotto of Puerto Rico pulverized Daniel Geale of Australia in just four rounds Saturday, Cotto wasted no time in calling out Mexico's Canelo Alvarez for his next fight. "Let's do it," Cotto told HBO commentator Max Kellerman after the match with Geale. "Before that, I want to spend some time with my family and enjoy them again, but then it's back to L.A. and training for Canelo [Alvarez]."

Cotto and Alvarez did not want to “do it” earlier this year when negotiations for the fight broke down at the last minute. Instead, the Puerto Rican faced an overmatched Australian -- just another tune-up fight before the potential big money fight against Alvarez.

In front of more than 12,000 fight fans at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, Cotto sent Geale to the canvas twice in Round 4 on the way to the technical knockout victory to defend his World Boxing Council middleweight title.

This was Cotto’s first fight in about a year and the Puerto Rican improved to 44-4-0 (33 knockouts) for his career. The 34-year-old Australian dropped his second TKO loss in the last three fights and to 31-4-0 (16 knockouts).

Freddie Roach, the world-renowned trainer for Cotto, was open to the idea of matching up his ward versus Alvarez. “I like the fight, I think it’s a good fight, but I like any next fight,” Roach told “Canelo is a good guy coming up and Miguel is a guy who is getting better and better at what he does.”

Alvarez (45-1-1, 33 knockouts) is coming off his own one-sided win over American James Kirkland on May 9. The Mexican downed Kirkland twice, first in Round 1, and then for good, in Round 3, for the KO victory.

If Cotto and Alvarez meet in the squared circle, the matchup will be added to the already long and storied Puerto Rico vs. Mexico rivalry in boxing.