British police announced on Monday that they had arrested a 14-year-old in connection with an alleged Islamic State group-linked attack planned in Australia. The teenager had been previously arrested on April 2 after “the examination of a number of electronic devices,” the Greater Manchester police said, according to the Guardian.

He was then re-arrested on Saturday when officers executed a search warrant on his house. Australian police in the state of Victoria confirmed that they received "information from UK authorities after they allegedly uncovered communications between the teenager and a man in Australia,” ABC reported. He is held under suspicion of preparing for an act of terrorism under Section 5 of the U.K.'s Terrorism Act 2006.

Detective Chief Superintendent Tony Mole of the North West Counter Terrorism Unit (NWCTU) told reporters that the operation had ended a “credible terrorist threat.”

“As soon as this information came to light we acted quickly with the relevant authorities here and abroad and this has resulted with officers from the NWCTU arresting a teenager," he reportedly said, adding that there was no evidence of an imminent threat to the U.K.

Authorities reportedly declined to give details about the communication, saying that the investigation was ongoing.

Two men remain in custody in Melbourne, Australia, after police found an alleged plot to attack officers at a World War One remembrance event, known as Anzac Day. Sevdet Besim, 18, has been charged with conspiracy to commit a terrorist act, and was denied bail. The other suspect, a 19-year-old, has yet to appear in court. Another man is being held under a special Preventative Detention Order that allows for him to be detained for up to 14 days, and two others were released without charge, according to the ABC.

Last week, four people were arrested at Britain’s Manchester airport under suspicion of terrorism. They have been linked to 21-year-old Waheed Ahmed, the son of a Labour Party councillor, who was also arrested near the Syrian border. They were later released without being charged.