- Car Hacking Study Blocked By England's High Court
July 31 2013 10:54 AM
An academic study revealing the potential security flaws of an encryption system used in Volkswagen-manufactured cars has been temporarily blocked for publication by England's High Court.
- China’s Rich Are Getting Ripped Off Buying Cars, But Who’s To Blame?
July 31 2013 6:14 AM
Would you pay over $80,000 for a Mini Cooper? How about nearly $100,000 for an Audi A4 sedan?
- India Test-Runs Its First Hydrogen Bus
July 30 2013 11:23 AM
Because the bus is powered purely by liquid hydrogen, it produces no carbon emissions.
- BMW Unveils New Electric Vehicle, BMW i3
July 29 2013 12:54 PM
The BMW i3, the company's new electric vehicle, was unveiled on Monday and will arrive in select dealerships later this year.
- GM Sales Beat Toyota By 10,000 In Q2
July 26 2013 11:16 AM
The American automaker became the top producer for the first time in six quarters - signaling U.S. auto industry strength.
- July US Auto Sales Seen Up Around 15.5% As Summer Sell-Down Begins
July 26 2013 6:08 AM
With more inventory than last year, incentive spending is up. July sales growth could see highest jump in 2013.
- Last UK-Built Ford Rolls Off The Assembly Line
July 25 2013 2:17 PM
Ford’s Southampton UK assembly plant is closing as the auto maker shifts production to Turkey, where Ford Otosan exports are booming.
- Best US Sedan? Believe It Or Not: The 2014 Chevrolet Impala
July 25 2013 11:45 AM
Consumer Reports gives top marks to a Detroit Three sedan for the first time in 20 years.
- Aston Martin Acquiring German Know-How For Future V-8 Engines
July 25 2013 9:46 AM
The 100-year-old maker of James Bond’s preferred mode of transport is looking to German engineering for new V-8 engines.
- Ford To Hire 3,000 Engineers, Software Personnel In 2013
July 24 2013 7:57 AM
Most of the new jobs will be in Michigan and 80 percent of the new employees will be engineers and information technology specialists.
- Detroit Bankruptcy: What City Is Next? [VIDEO]
July 23 2013 5:32 PM
Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) and General Motors Co. (NYSE:GM) are reporting quarterly earnings over the next two day.
- The Postmodern Bentley - Co Will Spend $1.2B To Build Luxury SUV By 2016
July 23 2013 8:49 AM
The British maker of the six-figure Flying Spur will build its first SUV at its headquarters in Crewe, U.K.
- GM Q2 Earnings Preview: Revenue Up, Profit Down
July 23 2013 5:22 AM
It was a “stable quarter” for North America’s largest auto maker, but profits were likely hurt by continued overhaul charges.
- 5 Ways To Save Gas
July 22 2013 12:34 PM
Looking to make your tank of gas go further as prices rise? Here are 5 tank-stretching tips.
- Ford 2Q Earnings: Expect Charges For Expansion And Restructuring
July 20 2013 9:02 AM
Ford is spending heavily on shifting its global positions while U.S. sales are booming.
- Detroit Files for Bankruptcy Amid Crushing Debt [VIDEO]
July 19 2013 9:12 AM
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Heads To Europe
July 18 2013 4:59 PM
The 2014 Corvette Stingray is going to Europe for a final round of testing before arriving in dealerships later this fall.
- Thai Auto Sales Seen Falling 9.5% Despite Record First Half
July 18 2013 12:30 PM
Sales are expected to stabilize following an industry boom last year as a result of a government cash-rebate program.
- Ford Sues Japanese Auto Parts Supplier In Massive Price-Fixing Scheme
July 17 2013 4:22 PM
Fujikura Ltd becomes first Japanese parts supplier to be sued by an automaker after pleading guilty to price fixing components.
- Reality Sets In For Tesla Shareholders
July 16 2013 6:02 PM
A report from Goldman Sachs suggests Tesla stock is not reflecting actual sales. Sell-off slices $17 off the price.