- GM CEO Firefights As Automaker Recalls More Vehicles
March 31 2014 11:33 PM
The automaker Monday announced another major recall, this time related to power steering problems.
- After Tennessee Failure, Auto Unions Bid For Canada
March 31 2014 8:30 PM
Canadian workers could turn three Toyota factories in union workshops, which could embolden the UAW in the U.S.
- Will March Be The Comeback Month For US Auto Sales?
March 31 2014 9:24 AM
New-vehicle deliveries were hit by harsh winter weather. Here's what analysts expect for the arrival of spring.
- General Motors Recalls 971,000 More Vehicles
March 29 2014 11:49 AM
The company faces a federal probe on why it did not respond sooner to complaints.
- Tesla Model S Fires Are Not A Safety Concern: Feds
March 28 2014 11:01 AM
Tesla Motors has been vindicated; the U.S. government has closed an investigation into Model S fire safety.
- Is ‘New GM’ Fully Protected From The Sins Of ‘Old GM'?
March 21 2014 2:48 PM
GM’s 2009 reorganization exempts it from earlier legal liabilities linked to its defective ignition switch. Unless it doesn’t.
- Here's Arizona's Pitch For Tesla
March 20 2014 10:37 AM
A state senate committee is working on a bill that would help electric car automakers. Will traditional dealerships protest?
- Why Toyota Agreed To Settle For $1.2B To End US Probe
March 19 2014 3:30 AM
Since 2009, Toyota recalls have affected more than 14 million vehicles worldwide.
- GM Recalls Another 1.5 Million Vehicles
March 18 2014 7:23 AM
The recall follows one in February when the company called in 1.6 million vehicles, triggering a federal investigation.
- Honda Recalls Minivans For Fuel-Pump Issue
March 15 2014 7:28 PM
Honda has issued a recall on 90,000 Odyssey minivans from model years 2005-2010.
- Class-Action Lawsuit Brings More Trouble to GM
March 14 2014 10:56 PM
GM offer to customers may mitigate the company's liability.
- Could GM’s Faulty Ignition Switch Be In Your Local Parts Store?
March 14 2014 6:36 PM
The way GM handled its faulty ignition switch means consumers can't be sure the parts they buy aren't also flawed.
- How A Small Shop Mechanic Helped Trigger A Large GM Recall
March 12 2014 2:28 PM
It took a Georgia nurse’s death, a Mississippi mechanic’s precision, and a team of Florida forensic engineers to produce these images.
- Why The US DoJ Is Investigating GM On Vehicle Recalls
March 12 2014 2:27 AM
GM reportedly admitted last month that it knew of problems with ignition switches but did not move quickly enough to fix them.
- Why The US House Is Probing GM Recall
March 11 2014 8:00 AM
A congressional committee said it would investigate the automaker's response to a defect that first came to light a decade ago.
- Is ‘New’ GM Responsible For What ‘Old’ GM Did?
March 10 2014 2:53 PM
General Motors Co. is only 4 years old. So who's responsible for the ignition issues dating back to 2004?
- Why Ford's China Sales Uptrend Doesn't Tell The Whole Story
March 06 2014 9:35 AM
Ford is working hard to become a significant presence in China, where it surpassed Honda and Toyota in sales volume last year.
- Your 'iCar' - Apple CarPlay Integrates iPhone
March 05 2014 2:54 PM
Apple is trying to reduce its impact on U.S. DOT distracted-driving statistics by introducing an iOS integration called CarPlay.
- Why Chinese Automakers Are Eyeing Thailand And Other Emerging Markets
March 04 2014 5:41 AM
To keep up growth, Chinese makers are forced to venture out of the domestic market.
- February US Auto Sales Frozen, Waiting For Spring
March 03 2014 6:16 PM
Sales for the month just ended missed analysts' forecasts thanks to what has been in the weather forecast.