- Exactly How Many People Have Ordered Tesla’s Model S?
October 11 2013 6:21 AM
A customer database suggests a significant number of Model S sedans have been assigned identification numbers since the car went on the market.
- US Government Shutdown Halts Auto Recalls, Public At Risk: NHTSA
October 10 2013 2:52 PM
Safety advocates say the halt of the release of NHTSA auto recalls, due to the government shutdown, poses a danger to vehicle owners and the public.
- Toyota Prices Prius Plug-In Hybrid Below $30,000
October 09 2013 5:30 PM
Toyota moves the price of its plug-in Prius to the bottom of the stack of competing models from GM, Honda and Ford.
- Tesla’s Stock Down Over 7% Since Monday, After Recovering From Car Fire
October 09 2013 1:47 PM
Is Tesla's drop merely U.S. debt-ceiling jitters or is a correction underway?
- Average US New Vehicle MPG (Real) Will Top 46 By 2025
October 08 2013 4:24 PM
Currently, the average, U.S. new vehicle is getting around 30 mpg.
- Why Aston Martin Should Have Never Made That Cygnet Minicar
October 08 2013 10:31 AM
The British-based luxury carmaker shows us that the world might not want a luxury gas-powered minicar.
- 2015 Cadillac Escalade Reveal Live Stream
October 07 2013 2:45 PM
The 2015 Cadillac Escalade reveal live stream will begin at 7:30 p.m. EDT on Oct. 7.
- Elon Musk Lost Nearly $600M Since That Tesla Model S Fire
October 03 2013 3:49 PM
TSLA stock may have entered correction mode as questions linger about how firefighters should deal with EV accidents.
- Ford Is Nipping At GM's Heels
October 03 2013 1:47 PM
GM is the undisputed leader in U.S. new-auto sales, but Ford has occasionally bested its larger competitor.
- Tesla Model S Catches Fire After Striking Object On Road; Firefighters Say Water Made Fire Worse
October 02 2013 4:56 PM
Here’s something you don’t see every day: A Tesla in flames following a collision. Was the battery at fault?
- Tesla Model S Is Norway’s Top Seller
October 02 2013 11:33 AM
Can Tesla maintain that momentum after delivering on back orders?
- US Auto Sales Down In September But Up For The Quarter
October 01 2013 5:40 PM
September isn't a great month for U.S. vehicle sales, and this month’s reporting anomaly made it worse. But ...
- Japanese Automakers September 2013 U.S. Sales: Honda Down 10%, Toyota Down 4%, Nissan Down 5.5%
October 01 2013 2:59 PM
Japanese automakers fell more or less in line with expectations. Fewer selling days, timing of the Labor Day weekend hit sales.
- Volkswagen's September US Sales Down By Double Digits
October 01 2013 10:34 AM
Volkswagen continues to be hit by strong competition in the segments in which it usually does well.
- Ford's September Sales Up 6% On Fusion
October 01 2013 10:06 AM
Sales were up in September, despite the inconvenient timing of the Labor Day sales weekend at the end of August.
- Chrysler’s Sept. US Sales Up 1%
October 01 2013 8:37 AM
Dodge, Ram and Chrysler sales were up last month. Jeep and Fiat retreated.
- General Motors, Jaguar Land Rover Struggle To Keep Up With Demand
October 01 2013 6:22 AM
General Motors Co. and Jaguar Land Rover PLC have similar problems on different sides of world right now.
- Sacre Bleu: Tesla Now Worth As Much As Renault
September 30 2013 3:56 PM
Tesla sold 0.81 percent of the number of vehicles Renault sold in first half of 2013.
- GM, US Army Form Fuel-Cell Team
September 30 2013 12:58 PM
North America’s largest auto company and the U.S. Army have similar hydrogen-fuel-cell aspirations, so they’re pooling their brainpower.
- California Greenin': Gov. Jerry Brown Signs Six Laws To Promote Plug-In Car Use
September 30 2013 10:27 AM
The goal is to get 1.5 million electric vehicles on California roads by 2025.